13: SHOPPING AND MOVIE NIGHT

"Eri, I beg you! please put some pants on!" I begged to the 5 year old, who after 2 days living in her new home got a little too comfortable, "We need to go buy stuff, and you can't go without pants or a skirt. Choose." I showed her the two articles of clothing.

"No!" She pouted, turning her body in another direction.

She was so well behaved before this... What happened? My mind replayed the memories of her behaving like an angel, sighing I started thinking on the way I made my little sister obey me, "Eri, if you do well, I will by you candy."

Eri perked up with that, "Really!" Her eyes sparkled, "You will buy me candy!?" I nod at her and she quickly comes up to me and picks the pair of pants from my hand, "What are you waiting for! Let's go!" 

I could only chuckle at her simple mind, "Let me grab my wallet." She nods at me, and shifts the weight of her body from a foot to the other while waiting for me, I can't help the smile coming to my face, This is a completely new side of Eri that I never saw before.

The silver haired girl held my hand as we walked through the streets, tomorrow will make a month since I came to this world and I already adapted well to the society around me, the occasional weird quirk still catches me off guard, like the guy with toasters for ears, but its something I will get used to... I hope.

Kitchen was practically empty, all the food was consumed, and even if I really tried to cook, I couldn't with what was left, so I was in urgent need to buy new stuff, something Nezu told me was that for keeping Eri safe, as a guardian, he would be paying me, I really don't get it, but he is treating this situation like a job that I should be payed for. I'm thankful, but its wrong in a lot of levels. 

Not to mention the money I'm already owing the rat thing, he said that the money would be taken from my payment as I worked in U.A., but its still weird... Is it normal for a hero to pay my living expanses?

"Can we buy this one?" Eri asked pulling a bag of little bags of gummy bears, I pat her head and took it, placing it on the cart with the other groceries, "And this one?" She grabs a chocolate bar close by, I absentmindedly grab it and place it on the cart, "This one too." she passes me a cookie package, that I place on the cart.

After 15 more minutes of buying stuff we went to pay for the stuff, when I start taking the stuff out I turn to Eri, "So, Eri, what do you want as candy?" I questioned the little girl that just cocked her head.

Her face turned for a confused to a contemplative to a cheerful one, "Ice cream!" She joyfully told, and I smile and resume the taking the products out of the cart.

I took out a bag of gummy bears out of the cart and rise an eyebrow, but continue, than I take out a chocolate bar and my eyebrow rises a bit more, a package of cookies comes next, "When did this stuff come here?" I eye Eri that quickly avoids eye contact, shrugging I pay for the stuff.

On the way, I had to shift the three bags of stuff to a hand to keep my hold on Eri, "Sorry..." She murmurs out looking at the ground.

"And what are you sorry for?" I smirked, but kept my eyes in the way home. 

"I'm a bad girl." She mumbles out.

I let out a giggle, "So you know you did something bad." She nods, tears threatening to leak from her eyes, "I will let it go this once. My little girl is smart after all." Eri looks at me, I know she does so because her grip tightened after her hair brushed through my arm, "I was just like you." I told her, "I would see if my mom was paying attention to me, and when she wasn't I would slip up sweets for me too."