Chapter 30: Rescuing Eri

(Y/n) POV

It was finally the day. I don't think I've ever been so nervous yet excited for something ever. I know that there are a lot of things that could potentially go wrong. But I trust that Mirai knows what he's doing and what route to take. I stood with Mirio, Mirai, Kao and Juzo, infront of the gathered police and heroes. It was 8am and I could see that some of my classmates were a little sleepy still but well on their way to being awake. "Don't give them time to take her away! We're hoping to capture every lowlife there... as quickly as possible!" Mirai announced to everyone. I heard the chatter of everyone else around me, but I didn't really listen or pay much attention. I had poured over the map and layout of the headquarters, including the underground tunnels that we know of. I also made sure to look at the list of quirks the members have. Some of them could potentially be problematic but I've come up with some what of a solution to counteract most of them, however I can only concentrate on myself for it to be effective.

"Heroes. They're probably gonna put up a fight you know. So if you spot any one of them
resisting or tying anything funny... I'm counting on you guys to deal with it!" I heard the chief investigator state. I knew this would get violent quick. But that didn't stop the overwhelming drive I had to save little Eri. "We're up against a mafia group that's somehow survived until now...so don't let your guards down for a second, get in there ans do what you've gotta do! Move out!" The chief yelled and we all approached the Hassaikai headquarters together.

As we were walking I felt a hand be firmly placed on my shoulder. I jumped from the sudden action but quickly saw it was Mirio. "Sorry I scared ya lil' crystal. But your face went all serious and scary. What are you thinking about?" He asked me clearly concerned but still with a smile on his face as always. I relaxed and we continued to walk. I couldn't explain it but I had a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach. Like something catastrophic was about to happen. It was that feeling again...

"Is it wrong for me to say... that I feel like I'm going to lose someone today?..." I said in a rather questioning yet sad tone. I was very worried. As much as I was determined and excited to save Eri and keep her safe... I was petrified that I would lose someone else in the process. I'd do my best to save them if I could. I felt tears come to my eyes with a familiar sting.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry. Are you really going to save Eri looking like that?!" Mirio exclaimed quietly so no one else would notice. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders comfortingly. I couldn't help but crack a smile, Mirio has always been good to me, always so encouraging.

"No, I'll be brave for her." I said smiling a little before I used my two index fingers to make my smile larger making him laugh.

At 8:30am we arrived at the Hassaikai Headquarters. We stood in the front, a little out of the way of the gate. The chief went to announce the warrant and Rock Lock voiced his opinions again. Taishiro quickly shut him up thankfully. As the bell was about to be pressed we heard a voice. "What's going on?" We heard seconds before a loud and thunderous boom erupted from the gate that had now been blown off its hinges. We dodged out of the way and a large villain wearing gauntlets and a bird-like mask stood there. Clearly responsible for the breaking of the gate. "It's kinda early for so many guests..." he said as his other fist came through the gate pillar. The force of the punch caused the police in the front lines to fly backwards and into the air.

"HELP THEM!" Dad yelled. Immediately Mirio, Izu and I worked on catching the policeman that had been scattered by the blast. I used my air manipulation to help catch a few of them, helping them gently float down to the ground.

Ryuko quickly changed into her dragon form and held the villain in place. "For now there's no sense in splitting up the group any more than we have to! The Ryuku Agency will deal with this one... so go and finish the job!" Ryuku announced as the rest of us rushed inside the broken gateway.