Chapter 19: finals

"I DIDNT STUDY AT ALL!!" Kaminari yelled in horror. It was a week before the final exams  and results from the midterms were back. Ashido seemed to be taking her ranking rather lightly compared to Kaminari. "BETWEEN THE SPORTS FESTIVAL AND THE INTERNSHIP IT TOTALLY SLIPPED MY MIND!!!" He wailed in defeat. He had ranked 20th in the class, completely failing. Ashido who stood next to him laughing somewhat nervously ranked 19th. People were discussing their placements in the midterms and how they needed to study more for the finals. (Y/n) had ranked in joint 1st with Yaoyorozu. (Y/n) wasn't really paying much attention to everyone else at the moment. That was until Midoriya got hyped and tried to motivate Kaminari.

"It'd be great if we can all go on the training camp right?!" He asked enthusiastically, and Iida agreed. While Todoroki gave Kaminari a cold glare.

"Haven't you been attending class? How could you possibly fail?" He said coldly yet confused.

"Words hurt y'know!!!" Kaminari exclaimed dramatically clutching his shirt over his heart. However Yaoyorozu gladly interjected, also catching (y/n)'s attention.

"If it's academics you need help with, (y/n) or I could lend a hand." Everyone exclaimed how wonderful it was of her to offer the help and (y/n) surprisingly nodded in confirmation that she too would help. "The practical exam, on the other hand, is a different story." This made (y/n) look at her friend.

"Honestly Momo, you don't give yourself enough credit! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. You're so smart and you have a brilliant quirk. Don't be so doubtful or hard on yourself." She said to her downcast friend who seemed to perk up a little after hearing those comforting and motivating words. After Sero, Jiro and Ojiro all asked Yaoyorozu for help and of course this made her very happy and accepted happily.

Later at lunch a group of the students from class 1A were eating together discussing the exams. "The academic test'll just draw from what we learned in class. That's manageable. But the practical? That's scarier since we have no idea how it'll go..." Midoriya explained to Iida who was sat next to him.

"I can't imagine it will consist of anything particularly unusual." Iida replied to the worried greenette.

"So about the academic subjects being manageable..." Ochaco started, very much worried.

"It's probably just a comprehensive test of everything from the first semester. That's all Aizawa sensei has told us." Toru interjected.

"There was battle training, rescue training and basic training right?" Ochaco asked.

"So in addition to our usual studies we have to keep in tip top physical sh- OUCH!!" There behind Midoriya stood Monoma. Eyeing the boy spitefully.

"Ah, sorry. My tray just couldn't get around that big head of yours." He said to the poor green haired boy sarcastically, completely ignoring Iidas remark on his actions. "I hear you guys ran into the hero killer. I guess the sports festival wasn't enough. You just keep getting attention with one stunt after another, huh, class A? But now it's looking like that attention isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's starting to get dangerous right? Pretty scary! I'm just worried that one of these day, we're all gonna get caught up in some of your antics! Scary... Gaw!!" He was suddenly cut off by a sharp hit directed at the side of his neck. Beside Monoma stood an annoyed looking Kendo.

"That's not funny, didn't you hear what happened to Iida? Sorry class A. This guy, his hearts just, well... I overheard you guys saying you're not sure about the practical exam. Between you and me, I hear it'll be a battle against robots like in the entrance exam." The girl explained happily to the group of 7 infront of her as she held Monoma by his collar. Midoriya looked at her surprised.