Chapter 15: names and heroes

Everyone had their much needed two days of rest after the festival. Some spending the time with their parents, all of them praising their children for their hard work and effort in the festival. In this time (y/n) had found out about what happened to Tensei Iida, also known as Ingenium. The panic stricken girl immediately contacted the younger brother of said hero. After much questioning and arguing, the two eventually spoke in depth about what had happened as well as what the younger brother was feeling. The young Iida accidentally gave her a clue as to what his plan was. This has the girl on edge, however, she couldn't figure out if he would really go through with such a plan. Regardless of the new information, the last day off was spent peacefully. (Y/n) and Todoroki had spent the day discussing everything that happened during the festival, and with Todoroki's mother that previous day.

It was a rainy morning. (Y/n) and Todoroki did not have to worry about this though. The girl simply made a dense barrier of air above their heads to act like an umbrella on their way to school. Most of the way to school the pair had heads turn to look at them, and some people even spoke to them about their performance in the festival. As they finally entered the school gate all was calm and peaceful, until a rather loud Iida ran through the school gate, announcing that they'll be late if they don't hurry. His poncho flapping about as he ran. (Y/n) was still worried about him, and Todoroki knew this, although he didn't know all the details, he knew that his brother was attacked and she knew Iida had something planned.

All the students made their way to the classroom and everyone took their seats. Everyone was excited about finding out about the pros choices on who they wanted to have as interns. Most were still hyped up over the results of the festival, and how people had recognised them on their way to school. That was when Aizawa came in. "Morning." He said sleepily.

"Good to see your bandages are finally off!" (Y/n) said happily, seeing her father finally recovering from his horrific injuries.

"The old lady's treatment was excessive. But never mind that. Today we've got hero informatics class. And a special one at that. You'll be coming up with your hero aliases."
Loud cheers erupted all around the class. "But first... concerning the pro draft picks I mentioned the other day... it's based on who the pros think will be ready to join the hero workforce after another two or three years of experience. So you could say it's a way for them to show interest in your futures. But theirs ample time for their interest to wax or wane before you graduate. And any and all offers can be arbitrarily revoked. It happens often."

"So if we're picked now, that just means there'll be higher hurdles in the years to come." Hagakure half states half asked.

"Yes. Now here're the complete draft pick numbers." He showed everyone the results on the board and most people were very surprised and some not so much. "Typically there's more of a spread. But our top three stole most of the spotlight it seems." Todoroki and (y/n) had exactly the same number of picks and they were at the top, then there was Bakugo, who had 700 less picks than the top two. Then Tokoyami was next with drastically less than the previous 3, then Iida, then Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, kirishima, Uraraka, and finally Sero.

"Gah! They're in a whole other league!" Kaminari whined from his seat, throwing his head backwards.

"Didn't they kind of mix up the placements?" Kirishima pointed out.

"Guess they were just scared of the guy who was literally chained to the winners stand." Sero answered Kirishima's question.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE THE PROS DOING GETTING INTIMIDATED?!" Bakugo yelled angrily at Sero and Kirishima.

"Well done as always (y/n) and Todoroki." Yaoyorozu praised the pair. Todoroki was seemingly annoyed.

"It's mostly just my fathers influence." He stated coldly. (Y/n) on the other hand was shocked by the amount of interest she got.