Chapter 28: the little girl

Third person

It was Saturday morning, bright and early a lot of students were already awake and packing to set out for various reasons. Todoroki and (y/n) had both gotten their things ready for the days tasks ahead. "You feel nervous, is something wrong love?" Todoroki asked his partner who stood beside him, packing her bag with a unreadable expression. She stopped and looked at him for a moment.

"I have this indescribable and unexplainable feeling in my stomach... it's almost like the feeling I got when my parents left for the last time. That horrifying sinking feeling... like everything is about to be turned upside down..." she looked at him with worried and tear filled eyes. "You will be careful today won't you? I know it's only the provisional course but... I'm scared." She said her voice breaking a little as she shed a tear. Todoroki pulled her into a warm and comforting embrace, that made all her worried fall away immediately.

"Nothing is going to happen to me. And you will be fine too. You said Togata and Midoriya will be with you. I trust them to make sure you stay safe. And I'm sure Sir Nighteye wouldn't let anything happen to you, considering how much he seems to care for you." He kissed the top of her head before resting his forehead on hers. "You'll be just fine Crystal, and do will I. I promise." He said reassuring her that nothing was going to happen. (Y/n) truly wanted to believe his words, and she felt like she could. But the sinking in her stomach wouldn't let her. She knew something was coming, as unexplainable as it was, it was just like when she was a child.

"Okay, I trust you. Just please be safe." She almost pleaded to him and he nodded. "Thank you Candy cane." She said as she gave him a soft kiss, which he gladly returned.

The pair made it downstairs and met up with the people they'd be spending the day with. Todoroki calmly went with Bakugo while (y/n) excitedly went with Midoriya who looked like he was about to have a heart attack. The pairs split off from one another. (Y/n) and Midoriya met up with the smiling Togata who looked as bright and happy as ever. He greeted (y/n) with a brotherly hug and gave Midoriya a handshake. Midoriya was bowing to him repeatedly, thanking him for introducing him to Sir Nighteye. Togata simply laughed and smiled to him saying it was his pleasure.

(Y/n) POV

The sinking feeling in my stomach had been quelled for now but I still couldn't help but feel worried for the events that had yet to transpire. We made our way to the train station and half way through the train ride to the agency, Izu asked me a rather out of the blue question.  "(Y/n)? How are you and Todoroki doing?" He asked me seemingly out of nowhere. Mirio looked at me curiously as well.

"We're doing great why?" I answered and asked concerned.

"W-Well... it's just I would have thought with all the extra training and everything you're doing with the rest of us as well as Shinso, and now Todoroki is doing the provisional course it must be hard, right?" He asked me nervously. I looked at him with a soft gaze and smiled.

"Life is hectic. We both have a lot to do, and not always a lot of time alone to just be together. But that doesn't mean that we don't have it, or that the time apart makes us unhappy. At the end of each day we make sure to end it together with a smile and knowing that we're there for one another. If either of us is upset or needs help or advice we know we can figure it out together and everything will be fine. And we know that if one of us is feeling upset the other will know exactly what to do or say, or they'll do their best to make you smile and feel assured. That's the best thing about being with your soulmate I suppose, the support and the love." After saying that both Izu and Mirio were looking at me with dorky smiling faces. I blushed brightly and looked at the floor. "In any case! I hope you know that Mirai's soulmate is his sidekick Kaoruko, Bubble Girl. She's absolutely wonderful, a very comedic but professional pair. They love nothing more than to laugh." I explained making Mirio nod repeatedly.