Chapter 4: hero training and costumes

All might had already told (y/n) what he had planned for today, he felt it was necessary to tell her since she ended up having to help out Aizawa the previous day, and it was All Mights first day on the job. He decided that she would would take part in the exercise but he would hand select two students at the end to go up against her, and she would step in to help any teams who it seemed were getting out of hand.

But first for today was English. (Y/n) already knew English perfectly as well as two other languages. So whenever Present Mic asked questions he would avoid asking her unless no one else had a clue. He had been teaching her English since she was six, and he also taught her the other two languages she knows. Seemingly the only people who took English seriously was Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Everyone else was put out by the idea of having to learn English.

At lunch everyone enjoyed the great food (y/n) always had the cold soba noodles if she could, and when she realised that Todoroki also loved soba noodles, she blushed and silently thought about how wonderful he was. Todoroki, Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka and (y/n) all sat on the same table talking about their experience so far at UA, of course (y/n) had more to say and made the others more aware of other areas that exist in the school grounds. Then the question was asked by Uraraka.

"Why do you live with Aizawa? Do your parents work a lot?" She asked innocently. It indeed was an innocent question and the answer now was not heartbreaking to give, but it did make people pity (y/n) and she didn't like that, but it was the truth so what else could she say?

"Well, my parents actually passed away when I was six years old. They were great hero's but they unfortunately died in the line of duty. They were great friends with a lot of other heros and I grew up around all of them. So when they died, I passed into the care of Aizawa, him and a lot of other heros all helped to raise and train me. My life has been exciting to say the least!" She replied with a huge smile and a genuinely happy voice. The others, apart from Todoroki, were shocked even Midoriya. They had known each other for more than half their lives and yet he never thought to ask about your parents or anything private really.

Iida was next to ask a question "so who were your parents then? You said they were great heroes? We're they in the top spots?"

"Yeah, they were in the top five of the country when they were alive. My fathers hero name was 'Storm' and my mother's was 'Terra'." The girl explained remembering them fondly as she remembered her seeing them in their hero costumes. Midoriya was next to pipe up, having suddenly remembered something.

"Oh! I remember them! Storm had an air manipulation quirk and Terra had an earth manipulation quirk! They were both a great team and always worked together if they could! They helped in emergencys and natural disasters all around the world!" He said fanboying a little. But then he wondered and asked "so what exactly is your quirk then? From what I've seen over the years you tend to use an air manipulation ability but you also so a lot of other things too using rocks." The (h/c) haired girl just smiled at him widely and stated

"You'll find out later in Hero Basic Training." As she finished saying that, the bell went signalling it was time for their next class, and the others, other than Todoroki, were curious to know what her quirk or quirks were. Todoroki held (y/n)'s hand as they walked to class making them both smile and the girl giggled a little and dragged him to class. Once everyone was seated they waited for a few minutes, suddenly the door flew open and there stood the much anticipated teacher.

"I HAVE... COME THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE NORMAL!!! HAHAHA!" All might announced in a very heroic voice. Nearly everyone was whispering in excitement. "Hero Basic Training! The class that will mould you into heroes! No time to dally! Today's activity is this!" He announced holding up a large card with 'BATTLE! Written on it. "Battle Training!" He clarified. "And for that you need these!" He clicked a button and out of the wall sprung cases with numbers on them. "In accordance with the 'quirk registry' and the request forms you filled out. After you've all changed, come to ground Beta in ranking order. If you don't know where to go (y/n) will show you!" He announced then left, leaving everyone cheering and searching for their costumes.