Chapter 6: bond and complications

The dual-tone haired boy and (h/c) haired girl began to explain their relationship to the greenette next to them. He stared at them with curiosity and interest as he listened intently to the tale of their relationship. The part he found most curious was the fact that they could see each other and communicate in their dreams fairly often, and they could hear each others thoughts occasionally. These things were extremely rare for soulmates, so rare that it was classed as a myth. Only soulmates with unspeakably strong bonds can feel each other's feelings and communicate via dreams. They also explained to the boy how they would share pain even as children and as they both grew up they became fairly resistant to physical pain in certain areas of their body. Lastly they explained to the greenette about how they first met in person only yesterday, and that they kind of just got together without any questions, it just happened.

"So, you two have known each other since you were four, and have basically grown up together, and yet you only met for the first time in person yesterday and you're already dating?" Midoriya asked them with a raised eyebrow.

"Basically. But if I'm being honest, it's not that straight forward really. I mean, throughout all those years we've supported each other, comforted each other and shared so much that finally meeting in person was like a life long dream finally coming true, yah know? To have spent years wishing we were actually with each other, and then finally being able to, it's just amazing really!" The girl explained while holding Todoroki's hand and smiling at the two boys, and Todoroki himself was smiling softly.
Midoriya smiles at the both of them, of course he knew they couldn't go into detail about everything they experienced together because that would go into Todoroki's private life too and he didn't want to do that to a person he barely knew, however, he was extremely happy that his best friend who was like a sister to him, had found her soulmate.

The girl in question was thinking at that moment that she'd feel really sorry for Midoriya's soulmate, if they feel each others pain then she or he (not decided on this yet) must experience a lot of pain whenever he trains and gets hurt or gets into a fight, especially like the one he had earlier with Bakugou, they may not feel the physical backlashes of one for all but still he gets hurt a lot by external forces. Midoriya seemed to remember something and turned to (y/n) quickly. "So what exactly is your quirk? You said you'd explain after the exercise so please tell me!" He asked quickly and enthusiastically.
Todoroki knew the answer to this but he was still interested.

"Well my quirk is called Natural Disaster. It's a mix of my parents quirks. I can use both of their quirks, however, my quirk is apparently much stronger than theirs. For example, it took my mother years to figure out how to crystallise matter, she wasn't able to do it until after she joined UA, but I did it by accident when I first got my quirk. As for my dad he struggled to change the weather in large areas until after he became a sidekick and he got help from a pro with a water quirk who taught him how to do it. And yet when I was five I was accidentally making it snow in the middle of May because I was concentrating on the shapes of he clouds too much. My quirk has a lot of uses and I'm sure All Might will gladly tell you in our next class with him. If anything I'm pretty sure he already told the rest of the class."  She explained to the freckled boy. He nodded in understanding taking mental notes to write in his notebook later. Not a second later Recovery Girl said they were both free to go. (Y/n) hugged recovery girl saying thank you and then skipped off merrily with Todoroki being dragged along, as the three traveled back to the classroom.

(Y/n) POV

I kind of feel bad for what I did to Tenya so I'm hoping I can apologise to him when we get back. As Izuku slid the door open we both heard Eijiro welcome us back and we were both confused until we were both bombarded with a sudden flood of questions and compliments from everyone. Eijiro, Mina and Rikidou were particularly interested in Izuku, while I had Tsu, Momo and Tenya blaring questions at me while Shoto stood next to me kind of confused.
However the first thing I said was directed at Tenya. And I bowed deeply.