Chapter 16: internship part 1

It was the morning of the second day of the internships! It was 6:30am and Shinso was still fast asleep, however, the slightest sound of the creaking of the floor boards caused him to stir. Only to open his eyes and see a pair of bright (e/c) eyes staring at him over the edge of the bed. This startled the boy awake and he promptly scrambled about and fell off the other side of the bed, with a yelp. Thump! He landed harshly on the floor, only to be greeted by his host laughing while holding a tray of coffee and biscuits. The purple haired boy groaned slightly from his fall and asked the giggling girl a bit annoyed. "What are you doing in here? What time is it?" He asked still groggy, but clearly a bit annoyed.

"It's 6:32 am! Time to get up and start getting ready for our run. I brought you a black coffee and some chocolate biscuits. You can't exactly go on a run without something in the tank can you?" She informed him happily. (Y/n) herself was most certainly not a morning person however, after a sip of her own coffee and a biscuit she was ready to go. She sat the tray down on the nightstand and walked around the bed to help Shinso up off the floor. He hesitated momentarily the accepted her hand as she pulled him up.

"Ah I see. Thank you for the coffee and biscuits. You really didn't have to do that." Shinso then remembered something and was uncertain whether he should ask about it or not. He decided on asking now while they were alone, just incase it was embarrassing. "Also, last night, I heard you crying. Was it a nightmare or something?" He asked hesitantly, but his sleepy voice was full of concern. The girl looked take aback for a moment but then decided to just be frank.

"Yeah it was a nightmare. I haven't slept alone in a while now, and with me and Shoto being apart for now, we'll both be experiencing nightmares of the past. If you hear me cry, don't worry about it, it's only a bad dream." She smiled to him softly. But Shinso was far from satisfied with her answer, if anything this stirred more questions and concern within him. But for now he decided to leave it alone. He was still in his pyjamas, consisting of a baggy white t-shirt and some dark grey sweatpants, and it was far too early in the morning to be prying into other people's business. That was for later.

"Okay, if you say so. I guess I should drink my coffee before it gets cold." (Y/n) had already picked up her half finished cup and was dunking biscuits in the remaining coffee before drinking it. Shinso then took his own cup and nearly downed it in one go. He very very much liked his coffee. He also has two biscuits just to give himself some energy. The girl left to finish getting ready for the run, and Shinso got changed into more athletic clothing. Mainly a black tracksuit.

He then went downstairs only to see (y/n) waiting by the door with her hair tied up, wearing black trainers, black athletic leggings, and a loose white tank top. She also had a waist belt on with a pocket for her phone so she could listen to music and a bottle holder which she had a bottle of water in. She offered him a bottle of cold water, he took it and thanked her. "Shall we get started then? It's about to turn seven so we're right on time!" She said happily. Shinso nodded and they left. (Y/n) was on the left hand side of Shinso and she had her left earphone in listening to music.

She started to jog along the pavement headed towards a local field. The two jogged there, and then around the perimeter of the massive field. In all honesty the girl could run around this field multiple times without getting tired, but this was more to test Shinso's physical state. So far he was doing well. They had jogged roughly one point five kilometres and he was only now starting to show signs of tiredness. The girl thought to herself carefully about certain exercises they'd do later to test his core strength, his upper body strength and his over all endurance, then his hand eye coordination, and his technique in combat.

The two eventually made it back home after jogging three point five kilometres in total. (Y/n) was unfazed, but Shinso was huffing and puffing with tiredness. At about two and a half kilometres he started loosing his strength and resolve, and now he was doubling over trying to catch his breath. The girl looked at him proudly "well done! For your first jog with me that was extremely good! You went 2.5 kilometres before visibly losing strength and stamina, the average person usually gets to about 1.5 and starts to visibly get tired. Now come to the kitchen, I'll make breakfast."