Foreword

There are many noble houses in the land of Moria, all governed by the queen regent and her son the crown prince. Vain as it may have been when their family rose to power a millennium ago they could not think of a better name for their kingdom but their own. Each house is a separate kingdom belonging to the larger kingdom of Moria. Below is a list of such great, and those ungreat, houses that remain in Moria. You will hear the terms queen, queen mother, regent prince and king thrown around. Be aware that at this time the true power lies with Moria, all houses have sworn fealty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This book is dedicated to a dear friend: Yulan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moria:

Moria has kept power for a thousand years, their resilient yet subtle nature kept the peace throughout the lands and ensured prosperity for their people. They are best known for their coat of arms, a white rose on the back of yellow and white. They are ruled by the Queen Regent and her son the Crown Prince Merriweather of house Moria.

(credit for the role of Merriweather belong to Zaharcy)

Dormon

Dormon may not be the strongest military wise, but in their thirst for power, they remain unchallenged. They have despised Moria for not expanding their reach and instead seek to claim the throne. This has never been accomplished and the house has remained silent after the King of Dormon fell ill. They are known for the Peryton on their coat of arms on the back of blue and silver.

(The original role of Jax Prince of Dormon belongs to Nameless originally but has been edited)

Hirane:(He-rain)

Hirane is known for being a peaceful house unless provoked. They are the people of the forest and though they live in seclusion they tend to be much more advanced in the traditional arts such as medicine. Their past is a bloody one with respect to Breyos, and they remain loyal to only those that deserve it. They are currently ruled by Queen Regent and her daughter Princess Maeve of Hirane. Their colours are gold and black and their symbol a Kirin.

(The role of Maeve is accredited to the author, Greysen Mae)

Nemir: (Neigh-meer)

This house is known for its affinity for surviving extreme heat. They are often called "Firelings" and reside in the mountainous areas of the reach. Their colours are red and silver, their symbol an Enfield. They are ruled by Prince Roban.

(The role of Roban is accredited to Roban)

Efaridge (aye-fir-ridge)

These are people with no home. The house has lived in Moria's castle grounds after their lands where destroyed in the great war. Their colours are silver and black, their symbol a wyvern. They once were rich and powerful but lost all of it when they were absorbed by Moria. Their leader is Maverick.

(The Role of Maverick is accredited to Kovu)

Cryosta(cry-oh-stah)

The house of ice, known for their strong resolve and loyalty to Moria. They are the oldest of all houses and were first to bend the knee to Moria after the great war. Their colours are white and silver their symbol an ice Phoenix. Their Princess is Luci.

(The role of Luci is accredited to Angel//fml)

Breyos (breigh-ose)

The house of the sea, known for their abundance of riches and legend. The leader of their house is Prince Jason, who inherited the house and a war with Hiraine. Their colours are green and black and the symbol a Timinglia.

(The Role of Jason is accredited to Jason)

Orphic: (or-fic)

The house lives within the swamps within floating houses and treehouses. The canopy is so thick sunlight rarely reaches the bottom. They are commonly seen as sorcerers. They are known for exotic exports Their colours are copper and teal. Their symbol is a Basilisk. The rulers have been sick with the plague for quite some time and the true power now lies with their son Sisiveight.

(The Role of Sisiveight is accredited to Silver https://www.deviantart.com/silverwingink)

Aldos (all-dose)

The house known for their rolling hills and their manner seated upon the highest. They are known for their great alchemists and experiments. Their colours are purple and gold, their symbol a pair of swords crossed through a heart. They are ruled by their queen regent and her daughter Princess Demitrea.

(The Role of Demitrea is accredited, Demi)

Lithios (lith-eye-ose)

The house is known for their music. They are not to be underestimated, as they are also known for their fighting style and their motto 'a bleeding man is a dead man'. Their colours are pink and white, their symbol a stag. They are ruled by their queen and king but the power really lies with their child Djinn.

(The Role of Djinn is accredited to Insu)

Tyrna (tear-yah)

The house is known for its mastery of the needle and the blade. They've given birth to many of the greatest assassins in history. Their colours are red and blue. They have no symbol as they find such things impractical. Their leader is Gabriel.

(The role of Gabriel is accredited to Juppiter)

Kilros (keel-roz)

The house is known for its pastures and farming. They are physically stronger than any other nation. Their colours are burnt orange and red their symbol being the sun. They have yearly festivals to celebrate the harvest and are in charge of most of the kingdom's food. Their king is Hans.

(The role of Hans is accredited to King Bear)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been in the works since 2017. The plot began as a thought and was put onto Amino's Roleplaying Community to help flesh it out. All roles are accredited to their original roleplayer whether the role is still the same character or has been edited.