Chapter 7

It was a few minutes before the gates to Moria began to open and in that time the entire Cryosta brigade had assembled itself into a tight formation, The anthem of their nation boomed, a sound that would be nostalgic to the elders and inspiring to the children. It echoed throughout Moria's castle grounds and people littered throughout the streets excitedly. The Cryosta queen was known for her grand gestures and as per tradition, she was performing one at this moment.  She had brought an entire battalion of soldiers, some carrying swords and others instruments.  Maeve wasn't sure if Moria was going to have enough food to even feed half their number.  She seemed to have twice as many horses and animals following her armed men than there were men.  She had men twisting themselves into awkward shapes and other men holding them up. 

Merriweather clapped his hands and smiled.  "Thank you, Noelle, Cryosta has graced us with your presence. "

"Of course we have.  Don't keep me waiting."

Merriweather nodded and lead Cryosta's delegation, Maeve close behind, into the castle. 

"We will be having a grand ball later on tomorrow followed by the wedding.  We hope that you enjoy the festivities."

Noelle nodded firmly and smiled looking at the grand halls, golden silk curtains adorning the windows, and flowers and gems adorning archways as servants scrambled to decorate. Maeve spotted Jax and sighed. He hadn't responded to her letter, meaning he hadn't received it since he was here.  More than likely it was a desk decoration at this point.  Maeve wasn't sure if he'd even want to talk to her at this point so she stayed put.  "I'll be right back if you will excuse me, my lady." Merriweather excused himself and ventured to Jax and his group of ambassadors. 

Noelle looked Maeve in the eye, "it's never easy, the whole love situation is it? Something tells that your situation is far more complex than most..." she reached over and lay a soft hand on the younger girl's shoulder.  Maeve did not say anything in response for a moment and just looked back at  Noelle before swallowing and continuing her duties.

"I believe it to be of good hosting behavior to invite you inside and attend you; however, My fiance seems to have found a need elsewhere, so I can accompany you until then."

"Well, that would be wonderful my dearest Maeve." She followed the raven further into the castle. "Do you know how far back your mother and I go?" Noelle laughed at the memory, "do you even know how fierce a warrior your mother was? She was the only one who would even dare to duel me, she almost won once as well... it was her footwork, I would kill to move my feet like that."I wonder if you fight like your mother" she raised a curious eyebrow, "how about you get some armor on and we go for a round or two my sweetheart"

Maeve laughed at the idea. So did another woman approaching them. The lady of the house putting on armor to duel a visiting kingdom seemed like a hilarious notion. 

"Leave the poor girl alone Noelle. Spar with me if you need to get it out of your system." Arriving at the two, she bowed, and with an amused smile added "your grace."

"I apologize, my  lady, your name eludes me."  Maeve eyes the woman up and down.  She was extremely pale and lanky.  She seemed to be quite a bit older than Maeve possibly about 10 years. 

"It is of no consequence," Djinn replied switching to more formal speak, flashing another mischievous grin, the type that royal tutors would have berated one for, even before acting on it. " I am Princess Djinn of Lithios. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." She ignored the ice queen completely, which granted a soft rage and a swift exit from Noelle. 

"Princess Djinn, a pleasure. Im Princess Maeve of Hiraine." She smiled pleasantly. This was one of the princesses she had never met before, her mothers doing of course.