41 - ruined

CW: mature content, smut and rough sex.
-

Over the next few weeks, everything was rather strange.

Cedric didn't avoid her like she had expected him to. They hadn't spoken much since that night, except for one encounter when they mutually agreed not to make it known that they had broken up. Athena hadn't even told her friends yet. It was mainly because she didn't want to have to answer the questions, the obvious one being why exactly they broke up.

But he still smiled at her whenever he saw her, despite it only being a minimal smile and she would return the gesture.

She'd figured he hadn't told his friends either as Isaac still spoke to Athena whenever they'd be in the common room together and the others would greet her when they crossed paths. Though maybe he had and they were just being polite.

As for Malfoy, he was not hard to avoid at all. They both seemed to hold the same amount of despise for each other. She, because of everything that had happened the day Cedric and her broke up, and he, because of her physical attack on him.

When she saw him in Potions the next morning, the hand that she had struck was wrapped up in a bandage. She found it comical when people asked him what had happened and he made up a story about trapping his hand in a door.

She had not meant to take a physical approach towards him that evening and looked back on it with slight discontent for her own persona. But when remembering the expanse of her anger she was in and the way he was treating her, felt that she had every reason to show him she would not succumb to his bullshit.

On this particular evening after dinner, Athena and Hermione were both in the schools library, as they needed to get their work done but the common room was jampacked with noisy Gryffindor students. It was growing rather late in the day which Hermione made clear by releasing a hearty yawn whilst was struggling to keep her head upright without the support of her hand. However, Athena hadn't quite finished the essay she was having to write for Transfiguration.

"Blimey, I'm exhausted," Hermione groaned. "Are you ready to go yet?"

"I've got another paragraph to get down first. But you go ahead, I don't mind," Athena replied.

"Alright, well I'll see you in a little while then," she smiled before gathering her books in a stack and departing from the library.

Athena spent the next quarter of an hour finishing her work and was relieved when she had finally come to an end with it. While she assembled her books together, she heard a noise coming from one of the bookshelves behind her.

Immediately, she turned and was delighted to see Luna's head full of luminous blonde locks poking through the other side of the bookshelf. She seemed to be in her own little world as she fluttered her hands through the books with a dreamy expression on her face. It was only when Athena approached her that Luna noticed her presence.

"Oh hello Athena. How are you?" she smiled, not breaking her eye contact from the books she was looking through.

"I'm okay. What brings you here so late?" she asked.

"Oh you know, I was wandering around and stumbled in here," she said sweetly. "I was actually on my way to the Astronomy Tower. What beautiful views they have up there."

"Mind if I join you?" Athena asked spontaneously, wanting to be in Luna's company as well as getting some fresh air.

"Oh yes, I would love that," she replied, her tone soft and calm.

Luna stopped looking through the books and turned to leave the library to which Athena followed her out. She then linked her arm through Athena's and they walked down the corridor until they reached the entrance to the Astronomy Tower.