Part 27 - bitter realization

Khushi opened her eyes slowly as the sun was shining in their room brightly. She stretched her arms up and looked over to her husband who was sleeping peacefully on his left arm. His face was near hers, she smiled hearing his snores and sat up. Suddenly her head hurt. She touched it closing her eyes in pain. She stood up and walked to the bathroom.

Breakfast time

Khushi took her time to get ready today as she didn't feel well. She walked down the stairs hearing her daughter laugh while arnav made funny faces feeding her.

„Look who made it to the kitchen!" said arnav joking.

„Arnav ji..my head is hurting so much!"

„I know, here." he handed her a glass of water with lemon.

„Why should i drink this? It's only a headache."

„It's not, you have a hangover."

„Kya?" asked khushi kot knowing what it was.

Arnav smirked. „Khushi don't try this now. You were drunk last night."

„KYA?"

Ratna also looked at her mother giggling.

„Arnav ji, what are you saying."

„The truth, i don't know why you had alcohol last night..but you had it."

„Lekin arnav ji..i don't drink! It's a sin."

„Come on khushi, it's okey. Devi maiyya will understand." said arnav and continued feeding their daughter.

„Hai devi maiyya..please forgive me." said khushi folding her hands.

Arnav stood up and kissed her cheek.

„I have to go kow."

„Kahan?" said khushi holding his wrist.

„Meeting." said arnav and looked at her hand holding him.

„You really have to go?" asked khushi puling him towards her as his body touched hers.

„Khushi..kya kar rahi ho?" whispered arnav.

„Kya? Haq hai mera.." said khushi and leaned in to give him a kiss but arnav leaned back.

„Arnav ji!" said khushi irritated.

„She's watching us.." whispered arnav and both of them turned their heads to their daughter who had a look on them.

Khushi started chuckling but stopped as she felt another pain in her head.

„You should drink that water i made you and relax."

„What about ratna?"

„Main hoon naa?"

They both looked at the main door and saw preeti smiling at them.

„Good morning." she said smiling.

„Good morning." they both said.

„So, arnav bhaiya is right. You go and rest and i'll take care of ratna. Must be a heavy night for you huh?" She smiled as she daid the last sentence making khushi blush.

„You also know?"

„Of course! You should have seen your face..it was like this.." said preeti walking like a zombie and chuckled.

Arnav smirked as he remembered khushi's drunk state.

„I'll go now, bye." said arnav and kissed khushi's cheek leaving the house.