Part 57 - Remembering You

The night draped itself gently around Arnav and Khushi, ensconcing them in its inky embrace as they slumbered in their shared room. Ratna, now with her own separate quarters, had moved out to make room for her little brothers baby bed.

In the stillness of the night, Khushi's dreams came to life. 

She found herself, in her mind's eye, walking down a shimmering ramp. Her attire was a resplendent green lehenga adorned with golden accents, but she felt far from comfortable. Two faceless girls gripped her arms, ushering her forward with insistence. Her steps were hesitant, uncertain, almost as if she was walking on a bed of thorns.

Then, suddenly, there he was – Arnav Singh Raizada, standing ahead like an immovable monolith. His eyes bore into her soul with a glare that could freeze fire. 

The intensity of his gaze weighed upon her, and she longed to look away, to flee, but her feet betrayed her. A slip, a stumble, and she was falling, a scream caught in her throat.

But instead of the cold, hard ground, she found herself caught in the sturdy, protective embrace of someone's arms. 

Her fingers instinctively clutched at the fabric of her savior's clothing, and when her gaze lifted, it met Arnav's, his eyes softening with concern.

Khushi awoke with a start, her heart pounding, and looked up at Arnav, still peacefully asleep beside her. She closed her eyes, taking in the reassurance that came from the warmth of his presence.

As she slipped out of bed and padded softly to the kitchen for a glass of water, the memory of her dream lingered. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she remembered the intensity of Arnav's gaze, the strength in his arms, and the love in his eyes.

"Devi Maiyya," she whispered to herself, "how could I ever forget those moments?"

Khushi stood by Aditya's crib, watching the rise and fall of his tiny chest as he slept soundly. Her thoughts drifted back to the day he was born, a memory so vivid, it felt like it had happened only yesterday.

Flashback... 🏨👶🏽

"Khushi, do you remember the time when we used to argue incessantly?" Khushi chuckled, her voice filled with nostalgia, as she nodded slowly.

"You always said 'Mujhe koi farak nahi padta,'" Arnav recalled with a smirk, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"The great Arnav Singh Raizada," Khushi added, her words heavy with drowsiness.

Arnav reached out to cup her cheek, his thumb caressing her soft skin. "Di was always right," he confessed. "I couldn't breathe when you weren't around, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. I didn't realize it back then, but now I'm sure of it. I'm the happiest man alive."

Khushi responded with a warm smile, her fingers gently brushing his cheek. "Are you truly happy?" she inquired softly.

Arnav nodded with unwavering certainty. "Bohot." 

Flashback ends...🫀

The cool night air caressed her skin as she made her way to the poolside.

The breeze ruffled her hair as she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. Memories drifted through her consciousness like butterflies – memories of a journey that had taken them from antagonism to partnership, from misunderstanding to profound love.