Part 50 - Family reunion

The car made its way to the airport as they were heading back to India, Khushi's heart fluttered at the thought of seeing her loved ones again, but a tinge of unease lingered within her. She couldn't remember anyone from Arnav's family, and that thought troubled her.

After Checking in their luggage, Khushi glanced at her children sleeping peacefully in their strollers as they got tired from their surroundings. She watched them with love and protectiveness. Their presence brought her comfort amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces.

Arnav on the other side, sitting right next to her, observed his wife's tender gaze, sensed her internal struggle. "Khushi, do you remember anyone from my family?"

Khushi's face faltered, her brows furrowing as she shook her head. "No Arnavji, I'm sorry..I don't remember anyone." Her voice held a hint of sadness, tinged with frustration at her own lack of memory.

Arnav nodded as Khushi turned her head to look at him. He played with his hands nervously and also looked up meeting her eyes. Khushi's heart skipped a beat as she looked into his deep brown eyes. "It's alright Khush. We'll take it one step at a time. We'll rebuild those connections together."

"What did you just call me?" asked Khushi surprise. Arnav opened his eyes a little as he remembered what he just said. "Ehh..main.."

Khushi was waiting for an answer as she gave him a desperate look. "It's..i call you that." Khushi scrunched her eyesbrows. "But..you didn't..i mean, i remember you..you just-" "I know, i know..but after we got married we moved to the USA for over a year." "Umerika?" asked Khushi surprised. Arnav smiled at her and nodded. "I started calling you Khush since then..maybe even before leaving India." said Arnav smiling remembering that time. Khushi just looked at him. "And Ratna? Was she..i mean-"

"Hai devi maiya, how should i ask this laad- i mean, Arnavji when or where our daughter was born..i don't even remember.."

"Khushi..tum theek ho?" he asked as he touched her hand. Khushi nodded but let go of his hand fast. Arnav understood her reaction and answered her question. "Ratna was born in India, she was really small when we moved to the USA. Akash and Payal's daughter was born then, we wanted to wait for her and then leave for America."

"Jiji is married too? To Akashji?"

Arnav was shocked as he remembered that she didn't remember anything anymore. Khushi held her head as tears started to form in her eyes. She started crying as she hid her face in her hands. Arnav felt bad for her. How could he just start talking with her, forgetting about her amnesia.

"Khushi..it's okey, sabh theek hojaega. Trust me.." he said touching her head as he slowly caressed her hair. Khushi looked up at him and saw the honesty and love in his eyes. They both shared an eye lock, forgetting about the people around them.

Suddenly there was a pain in Khushi's head. She closed her eyes and held her head tight. Arnav saw that and took a bottle of water out of his bag. "Here, drink some water." Khushi still held her head having her eyes closed as she couldn't hear him.

She saw herself crying in the hospital, she didn't know why but she cried just liked she did now. Hiding her face in the palms of her hands. Suddenly she felt something on her head, she looked up to her right side and saw him. Arnav Singh Raizada. They both looked at each other wh-

"Khushi, do you hear me?"

Khushi looked to his side and saw his concerned face. He cupped her face and looked into her eyes. "Khushi, do you hear me?" Khushi blinked twice and touched both his hands removing them from his face. "H-hum th-theek hai, Arnavji."

"Are you sure? We can call a doctor, i can bring you to the hospital." "Nahin, koi zaroorat nahi hai, i want to go home, please." She looked deeply into his eyes, telling him that she's telling the truth.