chapter five

♡♡♡

Today was a saturday which meant it was a day dedicated to just karate, the twins were always the first people there as they helped johnny get the dojo set up then aisha would arrive shortly after. Maria was excited because her and eli had finally got demetri to give cobra kai a chance. Miguel on the other hand was nervous for them as sensai wasnt usually thoughtful about his words to others.

"so when are you going to ask eli out since ive already had a date with sam now" miguel smirked.

"im not sure im that confident yet" maria shrugged before several people including eli and demetri entered.

the two nerdy boys came up to the trio and said hi before johnny came out already shouting.

"GET IN LINES"

Maria stood next to Eli who also stood next to Demetri. Johnny went around insulting everyone before he stopped infront of Eli which made maria nervous. Like Miguel predicted johnny ended up insulting both of her friends making them leave.

THE NEXT DAY

Demetri had made it very clear that he was never going to return to cobra kai however eli was no quitter. Maria and Eli entered the dojo together as he was still nervous she squeezed his hand for reassurance.

"You know I'll always be on your side right" maria said softly making eli blush.

Once Johnny started he realised most people quit as they couldnt handle his critism.

"see even lip isnt a quitter" johnny shouts pointing at eli.

"can you please not call me that" eli asked politely shocking nearly everyone in the dojo.

"what?" Johnny asked surprised eli even had a voice.

"ill start them up sensai' Miguel said trying to change the entire topic.

"no lip has something to say so go on" Johnny says now in eli's face.

"I said please can you not call me that" eli said more clearly but still nervous.

"what lip? you dont want to be called lip dont have a wierd lip isnt there a surgery for that?" johnny basically spat

"i was born with a clept lip this is the scar from the surgery my doctor said i could be put on the spectrum" eli explained.

"you mean it was worse before that if this is the after photo you should sue and i dont know what this spectrum shit is but get off it immediately. you dont want to be called lip flip the script get a face tattoo or gauge your eye out and we'll call you patch actually dont do that you'll just be more of a freak" johnny nagged this was the final for eli.

He rushed out but Maria followed.

"Eli wait" Maria shouted grabbing his hand.

The brunette boy turned towards her with tears stinging his eyes.

"sensai is right maria im a freak nobody is ever gonna want me" eli cried.

Maria hated seeing him like this as soon as those words came from his mouth she grabbed his face colliding their lips. It wasn't like their first kiss this one was strangely different it was still amazing but it was like a wake up call.

"I want you eli and ive wanted you from day one" maria says after breaking apart leaving him with a massive smile.

"maria will you help me flip the script " eli asked grabbing her hands earning a smile.

"what you thinking?" maria smirked.

Eli went on to describe how he wanted a new hair colour maybe even a tattoo.

"okay then lets go get some hair dye and ill do it with you but i cant get a tattoo my mom would kill me" maria giggled heading to the nearest shops.

After two hours of helping one another style each others hair while vibing to panic! at the disco they were finished.

marias new hair

eli's new hair

Once they both dried their hair they choose to style it. Eli decided to go with a mohawk which he surprisingly suited really well and Maria curled it.

"wow your hot" both of them said in unison earning a blush on both side.

"i think you definitely flipped the script hawk " maria smirked touching his hair which was now rock solid from all that hair gel.

"maria thank you" eli said softly.

maria smiled at him softly kissing his cheek before leaving. Both of them retweeted not asking each other for a date. Once maria arrived back home with her new hair she was very surprised when her mum didnt scream at her.

"im actually proud maria your stepping out your comfort zone" carmen admitted admiring her new daughters new look.

It felt like a very long time since maria showed any affection to anyone but eli but she wrapped both arms around her mothers waist.

"i love you mama so much" maria says sweetly before going into her room.