chapter ten | season three

<3 <3 <3

In this current moment maria jada diaz had never felt so rejected she just wanted to hang out with somebody and so far everyone had an excuse. Miguel was on a mission to win back skank much to marias disgust. Hawk was doing something with the cobras like usual. Moon was busy until 4pm because piper had decided to come visit not that maria wasnt happy for moon. She couldnt have a mother, daughter day because like usual her mum was at work. Nana was at bingo. Maria sat on her bed defeated if was miguel who asked to hang out with anyone everyone would be rushing for the chance. Life was getting to the point where maria felt like she wasnt even a side character she was just an extra thrown into someone life for some small convience. Nobody was going to remember maria as maria diaz she was gonna go down as Miguel that kid who woke up from a coma twin sister.

Maria wasnt use to been rejected by people as it would usually surprise them that she was even leaving her vampire hideout. It wasnt even friday so its not like she could watch a new marvel episode and she wasnt really in the mood to binge watch all three captain america movies since endgame ruined his entire storyline! Maria was 17 year olds and already going through a mid life crisis.

"maybe im boring? maybe hawk doesnt like me? maybe im an embaressment to the name diaz" thoughts just poisoned marias head which wasnt normal like she had been through that before and yes it sucked but she thought she was over it. These moments gave her flashbacks to her trauma and all her sucky moments in life. These episodes left her in some paralysed state where she feels like she cant move and just stays there and cries because its all she can do. She felt silenced. These episodes could last for a variety of time sometimes minutes sometimes hours. The only person who knew about these were miguel. In one part of the twins life when carmen finally left their father miguel felt extremely guilty for his twins trauma. He believed he wasnt manly enough to protect the one he loved most. So whenever maria would have an episode he would hold her in his arms in a comforting matter. This would help maria defeat the trauma but she never fully trusted herself with her mind. At one point her family feared she may hurt herself but in fact she was terrified of pain in any course which is why she tended to stay away from arguements or drama in general causing her anti social tendencies. Maria felt her eyes sting with tears but she didnt want miguel been mad at her for interrupting his time with sam. The brunette couldnt help but lay there salty tears running down her face while listening to the arctic monkeys.

"shut up, shut up, shut up" maria kept mumbling until she heard the door unlock

"HELLO?!" demetri shouted before opening maria bedroom door

"shit are you okay"

"demetri i cant move im having an episode i need to stand up to breath" maria instructed like miguel taught her

Demetri did exactly what she said and held her up looking into her eyes to do breathing exercises with her.

"episodes as in ptsd?" demetri asked when maria started been normal grabbing a glass of water.

"yes you can say i have some trauma" maria replys not wanting to go into details

"what are you actually doing here?"

"oh miguel sent me to grab some spare clothes as he and sam planned on sparing" demetri said with a nod been very awkward

"i can get you some" maria said kindly grabbing some of miguels clothes from a clothing rack

"thank you well um i best get back then" demetri shrugged

"yeah better not keep them waiting oh and demetri thank you for helping me out back there but id respect if you didnt tell anybody" maria said with some sadness in her words.