TWENTY SIX

Riley and Peyton were walking towards the entrance of the highschool, trying to meet up with Lydia and Allison, when Riley bumped into a figure, dropping her bag.

"Are you alright?"

Riley looked up to see who the voice belonged to, as Peyton bent down to pick up the bag.

"Isaac?" Riley asked with a smile. He looked so different.

He was smirking for one thing. Isaac never smirked, and he just oozed confidence and self worth. He never had that before.

"The one and only." The Lahey boy replied, as he looked over to the other blonde. "Who's this?"

"Oh, um.."

"I'm Peyton Grey. Riley's sister." Peyton nodded, as she stuck out her hand.

"I didn't know Riley had a sister." Isaac spoke. "Well for a while neither did she." Peyton muttered lowly, thinking Isaac didn't hear her, but he did.

"Well, you look.. um, great." Riley smiled, as she linked arms with her sister.

"Thanks." Isaac replied, walking away.

"He's very attractive." Peyton deadpanned with a smirk.

Riley shook her head at her sister as she spoke. "No comment."

"Oh well, come on, we're gonna properly introduce you to Lydia Martin." Riley smiled, as she pulled her sister inside the walls of Beacon Hills High.

"Hey guys!" Riley exclaimed, as she and Peyton stopped. "Lydia, do you remember Peyton?"

"Vaguely. Who is she?" Lydia replied.

"My sister. — Twin sister."

"Not even gonna divulge into that right now." Lydia dismissed, causing the other three girls to chuckle. "But she did help rescue me from the woods, so welcome."

"Uh, thanks." Peyton smiled in confusion, before changing the subject. "So, how are you Lydia?"

"I'm fine. It's no big deal." Lydia shrugged, swatting the air. "I don't remember much about when I was in the woods, or really anything before that."

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked, frowning.

"They call it a fugue state." Lydia explained. "Which is basically just another way of saying, 'we don't have a clue why you can't remember what you were doing out in the woods, naked for the past two days'."

Riley sighed, adjusting her bag on her shoulder as she shrugged.

"But personally I don't care." Lydia decided. "I lost nine pounds."

"I like you." Peyton decided with a smile, causing Lydia to smile back.

"Well." Riley paused, turning to Lydia. "Are you ready?"

Lydia flipped her hair, as she spoke. "It's not like my aunt is a serial killer."

Riley squeezed Allison's hand, knowing the comment deeply hit home as she sighed. Lydia always tried to cover up her emotions by focusing on other people's, and sometimes she came off a bit rude.