NINETEEN

"I'm sorry for bitching out on you." Riley spoke over the phone, as she laid in her bed, anxiously awaiting a response.

"It's cool." Allison replied after a moments pause. "I kind of deserved it."

"So true." Riley laughed, as Allison joined in. "I'm giving you a virtual hug right now." Allison assured her friend, as she tried not to cry.

"Aww! i'm returning it." Riley cried back.

"Again, i'm really sorry." Allison apologized.

"I was really inconsiderate of your feelings and shouldn't have stood there while Lydia was digging into you."

"I forgive you. I swear." Riley replied. "Well i've got to go, my dad needs me, love you." Allison explained. "Love you too. Bye."

As Riley took the phone away from her ear she smiled. Sure, her life is filled with unnecessary supernatural drama, but she had just made with both of her friends, and gotten a new boyfriend. Things were looking up.

That didn't last long however. 

As Riley went to get up, her phone started to ring. It was Derek Hale. "Ugh, what do you want?" Riley snapped as she answered the phone.

"I am on my way to your boyfriend's house." Derek replied, ignoring the teenage girl's tone of voice. "May I ask why?" Riley retorted.

"You could, but i don't really feel like explaining it over the phone." The older wolf replied. And with that he hung up.

"Great."

•••

Riley entered Stiles' bedroom and smiled when she didn't see Derek. maybe he was just joking? that's not his thing though.

The relief was short lived however, when she saw a figure standing across from stiles bed, causing her to jump.

Stiles hadn't fully entered his room yet so he didn't see what his girlfriend was seeing.

"Hey Stiles!" Noah called out.

"Hey da- Derek!" Stiles jumped.

Derek held a finger up to his lips as he made odd hand motions, telling Stiles to get rid of his father.

Riley sighed, not having the emotional capacity for this at the moment, as she sat down on stiles bed, leaning back against the wall.

"I, um." Stiles started, as he ran to the door, poking his body halfway out so that the sheriff couldn't enter.

"What did you just say?" Noah asked his son in confusion. "What?  I said 'yo' dad'." Stiles lied in response.

"Listen I've got something I've got to take care of." Noah spoke, dismissing his son's odd behavior.

Riley tuned the rest out as she turned to derek basically giving him a 'wtf' expression. The older wolf made hand motions Riley didn't even try to understand, causing the blonde to roll her eyes.

Riley cringed, as she started to listen back in on Stiles and his dad's awkward conversation.

"So they're really letting you play first line?" Noah asked, and Riley could tell he was lacking belief. "Yeah Dad." Stiles started. "I'm first line. You bet."