ELEVEN

"Stiles get up." riley sighed, leaning over to tap the boy lightly on the shoulder.

"what are you doing?" he questioned in confusion. "i'm going to the doctor to get a prescription, and you, you're going to school?" riley shrugged. "school? right."

the stilinski boy sat up, scratching the back of his neck, and looking up at riley. "how'd you sleep?" she asked him. "uh. fine." stiles responded. "you need me to change your bandage?" he asked in anticipation. "no. i got it." riley assured stiles. "now get up."

"alright. alright." stiles chuckled, getting up, as he ruffled riley's hair. "i'm gonna get dressed, but i'll see you after school alright?"

"yep."

after stiles had left, riley ran a hand through her hair, as she went into the bathroom, to change her bandage. the blonde took off her shirt, leaving her in just a bra as she sighed. riley peeled off the bandage slowly, preparing to sanitize her scar. when she finished taking the large bandage off, to say she was shocked would be an understatement.

the wound was completely healed, not a scar, a scratch, not even a red spot. riley sobbed, covering her mouth as she hurriedly, put a bandage over her healed skin so no one would know. she looked at herself in the mirror, stifling a choked sob as she spoke.

"god, what the hell is happening to me?"

•••

after riley had changed her bandage, she had said goodbye to her grandma, who headed off to the soup kitchen. she was now, laying on the couch in her den, texting stiles.

to stiles: how are lydia and jackson?

from stiles: lydia's not here and jackass is being a dick per usual.

to stiles: good to know the world is still rotating on its axis.

from stiles: yeah. what are you doing?

to stiles: laying on my couch watching hell's kitchen, thinking about going to see melissa at the hospital, why?

from stiles: alright, just wondering, be careful.

to stiles: i will, talk later.

riley sat her phone down on the coffee table, as she sat up going into her pantry to find something to eat. she settled on lucky charms, as she grabbed the tub that her grandma stored them in.

closing the pantry door riley let out a loud scream, as derek hale was standing there.

"ahh! derek what the hell? you almost made me drop my luck charms!" the blonde exclaimed, as she sat her cereal on the counter, trying to catch a breath.

"what happened to you last night?" derek asked bluntly, grabbing riley's arm, ignoring the girl's previous statement.

"i got scratched by the alpha." riley spoke just as bluntly, as she pulled her arm away, grabbing a bowl from her cabinet. derek was taken aback by her inability to dodge the truth as he spoke.

"how did it find you?" he asked her. "it lured me to the woods by pretending to be stiles, then it whispered some dumb incantation in my ear, and scratched me. is that all the q&a for today?"

"what did it say?" derek questioned, yet again ignoring the blonde's sarcasm.

"rongaire balorum eunarach vicit romnia" riley replied without a trace of doubt.

"are you absolutely sure?" derek asked, his face visibly paling.

"am i sur-? yes i'm sure!" riley yelled angrily. "i was there, derek. trust me, you don't forget something like that."