SIXTEEN

Stiles, riley and scott were drunk. like shitfaced drunk.

they were currently at beacon hills preserve, which riley was actually quite worried about, since they had almost died here on several occasions. after the liquor kicked in however, she was walking on sunshine.

it was dark, the sun had set less than an hour ago, the breeze filling the air as the three just laid down. riley was wearing a pair of black leggings, a black spaghetti strap, and stiles' grey sweatshirt he brought from from lacrosse, that read 'stilinski' in big red letters.

there was a large fire ablaze in a nearby trashcan, keeping the teens warm, as they laid on the ground. riley had brought her lunchbox, with three medium bowls of macaroni for each of the teens. scott had eaten his, stiles had taken a few bites of his, but riley wasn't especially hungry at the moment, plus the warmth of the tupperware bowls lasted for a while, so she'd be fine.

"dude you know she's just one girl... one girl." stiles slurred, trying to comfort his heartbroken best friend. "there are plenty of other girls in the sea."

"fish, i think it's fish." riley slurred in reply. "fish? why are you talking about fish?" stiles asked drowsily. "i'm talking about girls. i love girls..." he trailed off with a sigh. "i love... especially ones with blonde hair, blue-green eyes, five foot two..."

scott sighed, looking over at riley, who was trying to find her plastic fork in her lunchbox, so she could eat her macaroni. "you mean like riley." he declared, raising a brow at his friend. "yeah, exactly." stiles hiccupped, turning to the werewolf. scott wasn't drunk, he had drunken just as much as the other two teens, but he wasn't drunk, not even tipsy. it sucked. "how did you know i was talking about r..." stiles trailed off. "about ri...what what are we talking about?"

moments later, riley let out a loud, "aha!"

the two friends turned to the blonde who was cheesing. "i found my mac n cheese fork." she declared, as she smiled. she frowned again, however, when she saw scott's solemn expression. "hey gregorio!" riley spoke loudly, calling the teen wolf by his middle name. "why isn't that frown upside down?"

"hey! yeah what she said." stiles agreed, as he took another sip of the jack daniels. "you should drink more." riley shrugged, as she ate some macaroni. "i don't want anymore." scott sighed, turning away. "what you're not drunk?" she asked in confusion. "i'm not anything." scott replied his voice numb.

"hey, maybe it's like... maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know." riley spoke, with a loud hiccup. "maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf."

"that sucks." stiles burped. "am i drunk?" riley asked. "you're both wasted." scott sighed, shaking his head. "yes!" stiles laughed, pumping his fist. "why didn't rose make room for jack on the door... there was plenty of room for both of them." riley suddenly cried.

"i know right..." stiles slurred. "i feel like she did that on purpose."

"yeah... i would make room for you guys." riley coughed. "same." stiles replied. scott sighed at his friends, as they laughed.

when stiles noticed the saddened look on scott's face, he sighed. "oh, come on, dude. i know it feels bad. i know. well, i don't know." he chuckled. "but i know this. i know that, as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse."

scott frowned at stiles, as he spoke. "that didn't make any sense." the teenage boy laughed. "i need a drink."

as stiles went to grab the jack daniels however, a rough hand yanked it away from him. the three teens looked up to see two guys. "look at the two little bitches and their slut getting their drink on." he mocked.