TWENTY

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five mile hike through the woods is not what I was expecting." Lydia sighed, dusting off her outfit.

"No seriously, what is this?" Riley agreed, as she and Lydia tried to catch up with the brunette Argent, who was storming ahead of the two.

"I have had really bad experiences with these woods every time I come here." She added under her breath, but Lydia heard.

"How many times have you been in these woods?" The strawberry blonde of the group asked.

"Just a few." Riley lied, picking up her pace, as she changed the subject. "Now Allison, why don't you tell us what we're doing here?"

"Okay, but before that I want to ask Lydia something." Allison spoke, hauling a giant black bag on her shoulder. "Jackson asked me to the winter."

"Did he?" Lydia asked rhetorically, her voice laced with jealousy.

Riley sighed, she knew Jackson was  sore subject for Lydia. They had just broken up, and it was not at all mutual.

"Yeah, just as friends." Allison clarified. "But I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it first."

"Sure." Lydia lied. "As long as it's just as friends."

"Well, yeah. I mean it's not like i would take him into a random classroom during lacrosse practice and make out with him. Isn't that right, Riley?" Allison asked sarcastically.

"How did you find out about that?" Riley groaned. "Word travels fast."

"Yeah well he kissed me. I don't like him, I have a boyfriend anyways." Riley shrugged.

"What?" Lydia and Allison asked in unison. "Oh, did I forget to tell you guys?" Riley chuckled nervously. "My bad."

"Your bad, alright! Who is it?" Allison asked, a smile on her face. "Stiles." Riley replied. Lydia looked confused before realizing, as Allison gasped.

"Wait, but you said you guys weren't dating." She pointed out. "It's a recent thing." Riley shrugged earning a nod from her friends.

•••

"What does that do?" Lydia asked as Allison bent down, screwing on an arrowhead.

Riley didn't participate in archery, but she knew that arrow wasn't normal. It looked lethal. Riley didn't have a doubt in her mind that it had something to do with Kate Argent, everything going on with Scott.

"No idea, were about to find out though." Allison smirked.

She licked up her bow, placing the arrow in the middle, as she stared directly at the tree in front of them.

She released it perfectly, as it went whizzing through the air, not stopping until it hit the center of the tree. Sparks flew from it, followed by a small explosion, as smoke filled the air.

"What the hell, Ali?" Riley asked in shock, as she took a step back.

She just wanted to have one normal day where she didn't have to worry about anything supernatural, and Allison was unknowingly ruining it.