NINE

Stiles had been driving around for over an hour, while derek groaned and complained nonstop. riley on the other hand, was texting scott on both her and stiles' phone every two minutes, trying to get an update.

to scott: did you find it yet?

she set the phone back down, and about a minute later, it dinged. riley snatched up the phone quickly, and groaned, letting her head fall back at response. "he said he needs more time." the blonde told stiles, with a sigh.

"damn it." he muttered, as he looked at derek through his rear-view mirror. "just try not to bleed out on my seats. we're almost there."

"i don't think he can control his bleeding, sti." riley remarked, feeling bad for the adult wolf.

"almost where?" derek croaked, his voice soft and strained. "your house." stiles spoke as if it was obvious. "what!?" riley and derek exclaimed in unison. "what?" stiles asked in confusion, not understanding the problem.

"we can't take him there, stiles." riley practically screamed. "i'm pretty sure allison's aunt, knows where he lives." she spoke with a straight face. derek with a newfound source of energy, nodded his head, agreeing. "exactly. and i can't protect myself." he explained.

stiles, clearly annoyed now, pulled over on the side of the road and turned off the engine. he turned around in his seat to face the sick werewolf, anger written all over his expression. "what happens if scott can't find your little magic bullet? hmm?" stiles mocked. "are you dying?"

"not yet, i have a last resort." the older man hissed.

"what do you mean, last resort?" stiles questioned, laughing sarcastically.

derek pulled up his dark sleeves, revealing the wound in his arm. stiles quickly jerked away from it, disgust written all over his expression. the sight was gruesome. blood was crusted and oozing around the hole in his arm, making riley gag.

"seriously!" the blonde exclaimed, as she looked away quickly, slapping a hand over her mouth.

"ugh, is that contagious? you know what, you should probably just get out." stiles choked in disgust, not even bothering to look at derek. "start the car." derek growled. "now."

"you know, i don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look." stiles denied, cockily. riley rolled her eyes. this wasn't gonna end well. "in fact," the boy with the buzzcut went on. "i think if i wanted to, i could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

suddenly, derek's arm reacheds out, grabbing stiles by the throat. his hazel eyes widened, panic filling his body as riley's instantly gasped in shock. "start the car or i'm going to rip out your throat. with my teeth." derek growled.

riley turned around quickly, shouting, "hey!"

she didn't know it but her eyes had just flashed a bright shade of purple, causing derek to loosen his grip on stiles neck in shock.

"he'll do it, okay? just.. just let him go." she said in a calmer voice. derek complied, releasing his grip on stiles neck, as he looked at riley in shock.

the girl didn't know it, but she wasn't human. and her powers were starting to break through.

stiles quickly turned his key in the ignition, panting heavily, as riley looked at him in worry. "are you all right?" she asked the boy, panic still evident in her eyes. "i'm fine." stiles replied, letting out a breath of relief, as he looked at riley.

"oh cut the lovey dovey crap, and start driving." derek complained from the backseat.

"your angst will kill me faster than this bullet wound."