Chapter 1

(edited)

"Charlotte come on please hurry up, Jacob will be here soon and you are not even changed" my best friend shouts and I immediately bolt up from my king sized bed.

I fell asleep again, Angel is so gonna murder me.

Throughout my childhood, I never really had someone that I would consider a close friend. Given the fact that I am quite socially awkward and really dislike talking with people who I don't know, making friends wasn't all that easy for me. I just worry too much about what they'll think of me and end up being way too quiet. Which leads to people thinking i'm rude or uninterested in becoming friends with them.

Yes, I did have friends in high school, no I don't speak with them anymore. My old friends list include an ex-boyfriend and some cunt I used to know.

That is until I moved states and met Angel, we had a few classes together on our first semester in college and ended up applying to the same sorority. She really helps me get out of my shell and I know I can trust her with anything. If I were to murder someone, I just know she would help me burry the body. Our agenda includes going to parties and getting brunch the next day, or a late lunch I suppose. We obviously do study sessions, but Angel isn't really into that, but I try and force her to do so.

However, things aren't always amazing. Going out with Angel can sometimes be difficult, she is a literal angel, like textbook definition of it. Standing at an astonishing 5'9 with blonde hair and blue eyes, she could easily be a Victoria's Secret model. So I often find myself having to wait for her while she hooks up with guys and does stuff. Not that I don't get approached as well, I do, guys just give me anxiety, so I try and dismiss them.

Quickly getting off my bed and into the bathroom to get ready as fast as possible, I know for a fact that if Jacob arrives and I am not ready, she will leave. It has kinda happened before. So, fast but carefully, I apply some concealer, blush, winged eyeliner, mascara... and I am pretty much done. I can't live without eyeliner, I believe I created an unhealthy addiction to it.

My hair is naturally wavy so I don't really put much attention to it. As for my outfit, I put on a black dress I found on the back of my closet, which doesn't really matter honestly since I just throw on an oversized hoodie on top of it and call it fashion. Finally I put on my doctor martens, and I am out of my room in just under 25 minutes, which is a personal record by the way.

As I make my way down the stairs I spot Angel sitting in the living room waiting for me. I can notice she's on her phone, not even bothering to raise her sight. So I stand by the staircase in silence, waiting for her to scold me. And she does, sooner than I expected to be honest

"Charlotte please Jacob is literally two blocks away I will seriously lea-" she begins, but I clear my throat and Angel quickly looks away from her phone. When she sees me a big smile appears on her face.

"Hey, bestie I thought you were still in your room"

"Nope, I actually got ready in under 25 minutes" I proudly say as I walk towards the front door ready to leave.

"Well, that's new" Angel says chuckling as she slowly gets off the couch.

"I know, I feel good about today, I can sense we will have a great time" I add, opening the front door of our house.

Once out of the house I walk to where Jacob usually waits for us. Jacob is a guy we usually go out with since he is fun to be around with and his vibe is immaculate. Jacob usually is the one driving since he never drinks, probably the most responsible one out of the three of us.

As I turn around, I notice that Angel isn't even out of the house yet, so, as if I was a 13 year old kid I scream "Shotgun!" as loud as I possibly can so that Angel can hear me whilst she's still in the house, and run towards the car.