Chapter 14

(edited)

As I sit behind Clay's laptop, I look down at the keyboard to see the shiny "u" key. I stare at it for a few seconds, deliberating if I really want to do this.

Once I press it, there's no turning back.

I may or may not be reconsidering things. Nick said there will be 9 other people on the game, and I only know Karl, George, Nick, and well, Clay.

That's not counting the thousands of people who are going to be watching Karl's stream.

However, if I don't do this, if I don't join, I'll just look dumb and probably let Clay down, and for some reason I really don't want to do that.

However, for once in my life, I say fuck it. I won't overthink this, it's just a stupid game it's really not that deep nor frightening.

So I do it. I press the key. My ears are immediately filled with a loud British man, or child, screaming.

"Tubbo, I will stick with you the entire time, so if I die, it's you" this British child screams into his mic

"No Tommy, you did that the last time we played and ruined it, stay away from me" The other boy, who I assume is Tubbo answers

I hear a notification on discord and see that Clay had sent me a code so I could actually get into the game.

I get on the main screen and choose a name for myself. I am really not that creative, so I decide to just stick with Char as my name, for now. Once that was over with, I go to add the code so I join the party.

"Wait who's Char, did someone leak the code?"  the british child asks

After no one replies, I take it as my queue as the one who needs to answer

"Hi..." I almost choke out "The code didn't get leaked, I'm friends with Dream" fuck, saying Dream is so foreign to me "And well, with Karl too, he told me I could be on the stream"

"A woman?" Tommy says. What?

"Hey what about me and Sapnap" George says annoyed

"She obviously didn't mention me as her friend, because I'm her lover" Nick says

"Sapnap, I really don't want to be rude but that was kind of cringe, bestie" I joke, and everyone on the call starts laughing.

There were maybe six other people on the call, but someone's laugh really stood out to me, and as I focused on it a bit more I realized it was Clay.

"So, are we ready to begin?" Karl happily says after unmuting

"I think Corpse and Niki are missing, let me text them" another girl in the call says

Then I hear the sound I now learned discord makes when someone joins the call, and  a very soft-spoken girl speaks up.

"Hi guys sorry I'm late, I thought my cat had run away but she was just hiding" a german girl said

"More women joining the call? This might just be my luck day" Tommy says "Wait, I know Niki is European, what about you, other woman" he then adds