Chapter 3

(edited )

I wake up to loud rambling downstairs, I mean, I know live in a sorority with like 25 other girls but things just seem a little bit too hectic, even more than usual.

I lazily get up from my bed and walk to the bathroom, dragging my feet on the floor since I'm still half asleep. For some reason, I still have some mascara on and my hair is a complete mess, but I'm not planning on going out of the house today so I just remove the smeared mascara, wash my teeth and go downstairs. Even though my hair looks super messy, I just opt to put it in a bun to try and delay my very much needed shower.

I let out a loud huff as I exit the bathroom and begin my journey downstairs to find something to eat. I'm sure food and an aspirin will cure my disgusting hangover.

For some context, the sorority I live in is a three-story house, the first floor being just the kitchen and living room and the top two just full of bedrooms and bathrooms. It is quite spacious and even though there are literally so many girls living in here at the same time, you barely even notice since it's hella comfortable.

I was lucky enough to be given a room in the middle floor, I can't even imagine having to walk up and down two stairs every time I either need to go back to my room or go somewhere else. Or, when I'm drunk, oh especially when I'm drunk. After a couple of drinks my motor skills tend to drastically decrease, so I may or may not have fallen down the stairs a couple of times when returning from a party.

But hey, at least I fell from one flight of stairs and not two, right?

As I make my way down the stairs, the hecticness seems even more major, and by now I'm intrigued. All of the girls in the house are running around just moving the couches and putting the tables against the walls.

"Hey Charlotte" some girl shouts. When I turn to the side I notice that Vicky is waving at me. I get off the stairs and walk towards her.

I would consider Vicky a good friend, clearly not as close as Angel, but we get along pretty well. She is a sophomore just like me so we share a bunch of classes and exchange notes from time to time. She's very smart and dedicated to her studies, which I appreciate... even more when I skip class and she is kind enough to lend me her very well written notes.

"Hey Vicky" I say greeting the short brunette girl "What's up with the mess, what is going on?" I ask

"Didn't you read the bulletin?" Vicky chuckles, "We are hosting a party today, you know how everyone gets, they want everything to be perfect"

I can't hide the disappointment on my face after the mention of yet another party, and VIcky must've noticed since her express turns quite worried

"What happened? Is everything ok?" she asks and I nod

"Yeah" I answer, trying to not worry her "It's just, I'm still hungover and tired from last night's party" I add

See, I love partying and I actually enjoy myself doing so, obviously excluding last night. That wasn't so much fun. However, hosting them? That's a complete other fucking story. Besides having to clean up everything the next day, this includes spilled drinks and random people's vomit, I have to make sure my room is locked.

"Oh nonsense" Vicky says gesturing with her hands "Nothing a good lunch can't fix"

But my memory can't help wonder back to that one time. A while back, I forgot to lock my room, some random couple got inside and had sex on my freaking bed. I threw the sheets away since there was no way in hell I was sleeping in those ever again. Clearly I very fucking annoyed over it. Why did they feel the need to do it in my bed? Couldn't they go back to fucking theirs?