Chapter 29

cw! mention of sexual assault

(edited)

Clay's pov

"You said what?" Sapnap asks and I pinch my nose bridge

"I panicked, ok?" I defend myself

"God you are so stupid, you are royally stupid"

"Don't you think I realize that"

"That's why she was so quiet and upset the entire ride home, I'd be like that too" Sapnap says "You still don't trust her? What are you trying to make sure is 'right', Clay?"

"I do trust her, yes, I'm just scared she'll-"

"She'll end up being like your ex" Sapnap finishes my sentence for me

"You will end up losing her if you continue being like this though" he tells me "She is being overly generous with you"

"I know that Sapnap" I tell him once more

"You keep on telling me you know shit but you are acting the other way around" Sapnap begins "Dream I spoke with her yesterday, she's confused"

"You spoke to her about me?" my interest suddenly spiked

"Yes, she doesn't know what you want, and can't believe you haven't asked her out yet" he confesses

"You really sold her out like that huh?" I laugh

"Yeah, and I'd do it again if it meant that you get into your senses"

"Fine, I'll ask her on a date next week and do it" I say

"Dream, you are acting as if it was a marriage proposal, it's just a relationship, it's ok if things don't work out, that's how life is"

"Still, I want it to be perfect" I say, or maybe I just need some more time to grow some balls and ask her

Charlotte's pov

"I need to look hot today" I say looking at myself in the mirror

"You do" Angel supports me "Show him what he's missing"

"I don't know why I'm so upset though, he technically didn't do anything" I say finishing my eyeliner

"That's the problem, him not doing anything" Angel says from behind me

"He's just really thinking about us, that's it" I reply

"What's there to think about? You're one of the best person I know, you're gorgeous and funny" she instantly tells me "If he's not sure about you then he's not worth it, Char. You should not settle for less"

"I'm not sure Angie, I don't know what to do anymore"

"Let's just go to the basics" my best friend says, grabbing a hair brush from the nightstand and brushing through my hair "How do you feel about him?"

"I don't know, it's so fucking confusing" I huff "He makes me so mad, but I kinda like that he pushes my buttons. I also feel safe around him, I like his sense of humor, shit even his cockiness is amazing. I love how passionate he is about what he does, and even though I don't understand half of what he says since he speaks about coding and minecraft terms, I would voluntarily listen to him talk about that for hours"