BONUS non canon chapter

a/n: I was gonna post the epilogue first but that isn't done, so here is this bonus NON canon chapter, this did not happen Clay and Charlotte are happily in love and planning their marriage bc i said so.

ANYWAYS, my original idea was to have charlotte and clay break up, and I liked writing very important chapters and then wing it in between them until i reached that point. I wrote this intending for that but I just can't do it.

i fell in love with their relationship (totally parasocial i know😍)and I couldn't do this to you, myself, or them.

at one point it was supposed to build up to this point where charlotte would get mad at clay for telling sapnap and george about their relationship. that did not end up happening as you guys could very clearly tell, so I chose to have an angelxcharlotte fallout (which hits close to home btw)

there's the context for this chapter. i felt like it was a bit too good to be left in my drafts... enjoy ^-^

Third person pov

Now, the brunette girl is taking off her shoes, entering the beach where her boyfriend... well, ex boyfriend now, I suppose, shared one of the best moments of their lives

"I got your text" Charlotte says once she reaches the boy looking at the sea.

"Which one of them all" he laughs, but there's no humor behind it

The girl isn't entirely sure about what to answer, so she simply sits down beside him, looking at the waves crashing against the shore.

This moments takes her back to when they sat in this exact same spot not less than a month ago.

This time, however, it was different.

Unsurprisingly, they had fought again, but it wasn't like that night, like the frat party.

The energy between them had shifted. It wasn't anger the thing that separated this time, it was disappointment. The feeling of being let down by one of the most important people in their lives.

They both haven't seen each other since that night in London. Wilbur bought Charlotte an early ticket back home, and she got as far away from that place as possible.

But they must face things eventually

And so, they now both sit on the sand, looking at the sky. This beach were they once made things oficial, now runs cold.

Making them remember what they once had... and now lost

Why?

Their love for each other... Ironic isn't it?

You'd imagine that if two people love each other that much, they'd end up together. But not this time

Sadly, this story just couldn't have a happy ending

The silence that used to be so comforting for them for the absence of fights, now is an uncomfortable one

"Who would've guessed" Clay shrugs

"Many, actually" Charlotte lets out a humorless laugh "Remember what I said in New York?"

"Yeah... I should've listened... Maybe we wouldn't be here right now"

"Right person, wrong time" she lets out

The sun is setting, and Florida's warm weather turns colder

"More like right person wrong lifetime" Clay laughs too

"In another life.." she zones out, looking at the waves once again

"So, what are we supposed to do now" he huffs "Move on? Act as if we don't know each other?"