Chapter 4

(edited)

Before I actually left my room, I debated on taking my phone with me or just leave it charging back in there. It's almost at 40%.

My initial thought was that it's pointless to take it with me since I'm staying in my house, but then I remembered that I can't go for five minutes without checking it.

Whenever i'm in an uncomfortable situation I just pull my phone out and act as if im texting someone or scrolling through instagram. I basically make myself look busy, which in my opinion definitely makes me look less socially awkward.

As I stand on the edge of the stairs, I can already tell there's a lot of people, and I'm not even fully downstairs yet. This is going to be such a nightmare tomorrow.

I've proposed multiple times to just hire cleaning ladies for the day after. This place looks trashed and we waste our precious time having to scrub every last corner of the house.

The house leaders fucking dismissed me claiming there was no budget left for that, that it would be too expensive. They also said there were plenty of girls in the house and we could get the job done easily.

Have you seen a bathroom after a party? Hell fucking no.

Before fully committing and walking down the stairs, I decide to remain where I am, I have a higher position and can spot my friends easily. Scanning the place on the lookout for a tall blonde babe I finally look through the big glass windows which are now open, just to find Angel standing in the backyard along a group of people. By the looks of it, they're smoking something... this definitely peaks my interest

Excusing my way through the heaps of people I finally reach them, jesus are big crowds of people annoying. Once outside the smell of weed fills my nostrils. Real question is, should I smoke today or simply choose the path of sobriety.

I wouldn't consider myself a full stoner, it's not like I actively buy it and smoke 24/7, however if there is weed available and I'm in a safe environment, I really don't mind smoking some. Or obviously when I need my anxiety to calm the fuck down. That often becomes a two sided blade since it can make me more aware of my surroundings

As I approach the group where Angel is I notice Vicky is there too, she is the first one to see me, sending a warm smile towards my way.

I really like her, you know? Even though we are not all that close, she is always so warm and inviting with me and Angel. Maybe it's because she isn't intimate friends with anyone in the house, something I could never actually decipher why. Everyone likes her, yes, she's great! I just haven't seen her being really tight with anyone in specific like Angel and I, or Steffy and Macy.

"Hey Char, you finally finished getting ready! Do you want some?" she says while handing me the joint. I laugh a little bit and nod, I'm at my own home, so I guess this won't hurt anyone. I put the joint on my lips and just inhale, taking the smoke in, I hold it in my lungs just to slowly let it out after a few moments.

The little joint manages to go round four full times, now I'm 4 hits in and completely blazed. When it comes to any substances, I'm such a lightweight, with pot I get it, because it's not something I usually do, but with alcohol it's just weird. You would think that after drinking so much booze you'd grow some resistance to it... but not me, jesus not me.

I turn to look at Angel and suggest we go get shots, but she sternly denies my invitation and prevents me from going to get a drink for myself.