Untitled Part 12

The sheer thought of conversing with Harry brought an uneasy feeling to my senses for there was a dark aura around him that I couldn't shake. I scrambled my thoughts to more productive thinking such as how I was yet to psychoanalyze the devil and later compare the results of the two personalities. Being alone in one room with the devil was a problem, for his behavior and moods were beyond unpredictable I thought  as I made my way down the path of oak trees and moist soil. Mother nature at its finest as birds flew from tree to tree serenading the woods around them with endless chirping .

I made my way out of the woods that shielded the Shaw residence believing it to appear more and more of a mystery.

Arriving at the café a familiar scent of fresh coffee and  tea filled my nostrils, a scent I'd almost forgotten living in such a tense environment.  Reggie seemed his usual self, chatting with the tourist about how, he is the best at making a cup of amateur coffee. I walked up to the stools at his counter and rolled my eyes at him as he spoke to a woman in her mid forties wearing dramatically colorful dress with white sandals and her chestnut wavy hair flowing to the rhythm of the wind. 

'' we grow the coffee beans and grind them every morning to give your taste buds pure ecstasy ma'am'' he said taking pride in his abilities to sound very convincing.

The woman blushed at him with her tanned skin being flaunted in the morning sun.

After spending 20 mins watching Reggie banter his way into a fat tip I sipped my coffee and braced myself for damning questions from Reggie.

'''ah yes even prisoners deserve to see the sun once in a while huh princess Ellie?'' he walked over to me while attempting what I assume to be a curtsy turned look of constipation, before sitting across me.

'' Reggenold they pay good and i am far from a prisoner, I'm here aren't I?''

'' on a serious note is he....violent?.....I mean I read in a magazine that people with split personality disorder tend to be violent'' the atmosphere went from comedic to dangerously serious.

How do i answer this question? is he violent? there was Harry who was so sweet, gentle and had a strange energy about him then there was the devil who was aggressive yet made my core ache with burning desire.

'' not at all he is calm and keeps busy doing gardening.....'' my voice was shaky, I was omitting the truth to a man well sort of man, that knew me for years.

''aha.....and what happens when he switches is it as creepy as the movies show it?''

''I...... don't see it.......uhm how is my mom doing?'' i tried avoiding the questions by changing the topic to matters that i indeed wanted to know of.

Reggie frowned before shitting in his stool and squinting his eyes at me '' you're nervous and don't try to deny it I know you very well are you in love with him or dare I say them?''

''Ag....you're seeing things you know coffee actually affects the mind......''

''Elizabeth your mother is fine now explain to me why you are nervous talking about him....them, and don't tell me the whole patient doctor confidentiality bullshit'' his voice was strict and direct, something I've only seen from him when he is done playing the clown and takes the role of big brother.  

i let him in on what happened while omitting some scenes that portrayed Damien as a threat to my well being.

''huh and none of this shit smells fishy to you or have you lost your sense of smell?'' he asks in more of an annoyed sense rather than humor.'' this seems odd why did the parents leave so suddenly? why hadn't they waited a week or something to get u acquainted with him? why cant you see them twice a week why do you have to be around the psychotic prick that clearly has it out for you well one of the? I know I'm not as sophisticated as you are but damn this does not seem like a smart move just because the salary is a fat check.''

I stare at the cup of coffee in my hand and wonder if he had a point was my infatuation with Damien causing me to lose my instinct response of fleeing from danger beyond reasonable doubt.