chapter 6 |the bare truth

The Devil! He sat with his long legs stretched in front of him wearing nothing but sweats exposing the v shaped lines drawn on his lower abdomen down to his groin.

"May..... I know why your in my room Har......Mr Shaw?" I cleared my throat while nervously searching for an apologetic expression on his face. Nothing.

He licked his bottom lip, humming with every torturous second. His eyes burned through my skin as he examined every inch of me. I didn't bother following his examinations, I stared straight ahead with my chin up and my dignity intact.

He stood swiftly as he walked up to me. His dark eyes searching mine with a maniac of a grin "do you know what really gives me a kick Hermosa? " I was puzzled, what was he talking about?

He moved closer with his almost suffocating heat and delicious aroma causing my heart to skip a concerning beat.

His breath hot on my temple "the female anatomy desperately in need of pleasure" I frowned while feeling his heat move downwards retrieving something I didn't bother looking.

I could almost feel the graze of his lips on my body......body.....wait.....body! Shit I could feel him close to my skin. Naked!

I gasped and immediately covered my breast with my arms. He was disgusting for looking at me with hungry eyes.

"Give it you perv!" I tried grabbing the towel from his firm grip but in my attempt I slipped on what I could imagine was my dignity, and fell onto the devil's chest with my bare chest pressed on his. He gripped my waist and allowed my head to rest on his bare chest.

This felt intimate....we were tiny beings in this large room connected by the flesh and distant by mental health yet my ears where serenaded by his heart beat providing my very own symphony.

I was naked and he was half naked this wasn't right yet it felt relaxing , something I've never felt before, it wasn't sexual, we didn't speak, our breaths mingled in the quiet room that felt like ages and not 30 seconds of frozen time.

"As much as I enjoy women desperately trying to buy my pleasure you should get dressed I have no taste for blend" he pushed me away almost violently causing my back to hit the wall. I shut my eyes and bit my bottom lip trying to understand what the hell just happened! Tears rolled down my shut eyes not from pain but disgust.

Memories of a young girl with curly pigtails staring up at her father who promised to love and protect her from the dangers of the world but he too failed to keep that promise by running away from his family and responsibilities. Men were shit and according to the devil still are.

"Get the fuck out of my room!" I said aggressively through shut eyes and clenched teeth.

"ELIZABETH..." his accent was a breeze that could calm my senses but I could give a shit less if it had been Harry and not Damian at the end of the day they were the same twisted bastard trying to screw with my mental health.

"I said get out!" Through sobs.

He sighed heavily before leaving and closing the door.
I fell to the ground hugging my knees in endless sobs, my dignity a cotton white laid on the floor staring at me with sympathy and disgust. I was exposed to lustrous eyes feeding on my body with his pleasure and I allowed every single glare. Disgust crawled up my throat with acidic claws.

He had me bare.

After taking a second shower in boiling hot water to get rid of his suffocating scent and the taste of humiliation on my skin, I got dressed in a silk slip dress and opted not to join them for dinner, the foul taste in my mouth was more than evident.

Thank heaven's I packed my "fantasies of a common maiden" novel, a sweet escape from the harsh world I've had the misfortune of inhabiting.

The book was a sweet escape into a century that was mostly extinct, filled with sexist behaviour and violence. A young maiden in her prime youth forced to go into exile to escape being sold into sex slavery by her own father.

Father a word that tastes sour on the tongue, a word I'd never thought I'll say ever again after my very own ran for the hills or as mother says "his fetching the daily news paper for another family, Nolia" I knew she'd been hiding the fact that she craves his presence.

I don't miss his presence, the man I knew died the day he walked out on us, wherever he is I wouldn't know but I sure as hell wouldn't give a spec of shit to it.

I sat on the bed reading the first page of the novel over and over almost obsessively knowing my mind was a cruel thing dwelling on what happened earlier .

The knock on the door disturbed my unpleasant thoughts, I jumped out of bed and made my way to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it.

"Mr Shaw would like to know if you'll be joining him for dinner?" Ah the innocent girl with the strawberry hair gave me an angelic smile that lit up her face.

I smiled before replying "no". As plain and as Frank.

She giggled confusingly before changing her expression to stern "let me rephrase that Dr Watson you are compelled to join Mr Shaw for dinner, he does not take no for an answer "

Ah controlling! After what happened earlier I'd rather shoot myself in the kneecap, than see the devil's grin as he had his way. I am not a servant and refuse to be at his beck and call.

"Well Caroline I do not have much of an appetite. Please inform Mr Shaw I decline the kind offer" my smile was almost invisible as she stared at me with a look of utter disbelief , as if I had killed a puppy and Fed it's corpse to its mother.

She cleared her throat almost dramatically " with all due respect ma'am I believe you are as intelligent as you seem but a word of advice...... the eyes see what are visible to them but the mind sees beyond what the eyes see" with the words of "Shakespeare" she walked off leaving me confused.

Before she disappeared down the stares I heard her call "I'll let him know you'll be joining him in a few"

What just happened?