chapter 11

Elizabeth's POV

I've had enough of the sexual frustration gnawing at my core endlessly whenever I saw him. I needed his teasing pleasure, I've needed it for days now and after the fall I must've gained a novel sense of courage as I held the devils hand using his finger to draw aching circles around my hard nipples.

His mouth parted slightly as his expression turned into desire and need.

"Hermosa....we can't " his voice was full of lust but the words held strong emotions.

I let go of his hand and released the rest of my slip causing it to pool around my feet leaving me in lace underwear. The devil set his jaw and groaned annoyingly.

Did he find this sudden show of ballsy courage a turn off or uncomfortable? Shame flushed my cheeks and without thinking I pulled the slip back on.....the devil's fist clenched with a sudden change of expression as if he was in agonising pain.

"I'll leave now..." I whispered with my head bend in the classic "look of shame" of a toddler who had just wet the bed. Shit Elizabeth!

He said nothing and froze in place like a statue of a Greek God, I frowned before moving closer and jumped when he said "don't touch me.....get the fuck out now!" The venom in his voice startled me and I ran passed him like a thief who had just been caught red handed. This feeling was nostalgic, something I had felt before but can't quite remember.

The next morning.....

Wearing a yellow sundress that sat almost loosely on my figure with white trainers, with my hair in two neat buns I grabbed my small purse and made it my mission to leave like a silent breeze.

The mansion was quiet and cold with uneasy tension between myself and the men that stalked these peculiar halls. With one deep breath i opened the front door and with sheer surprise demanding blue eyes stared into my  soul behind sophisticated specs. Harry wore the expression of a gentle teenager at the verge of a breakdown after countless restless nights of studying.

''are you going somewhere?'' he held a small smile and tried to hide the hostility behind his question. The man wore a white polo shirt tucked into black jeans and comfortable looking trainers.

''i......i'm heading over to Reggie for some coffee'' my smile was polite yet brief .

he scoffs and continues to smirk at me before moving closer '' is he your boyfriend?''

i watched as his brows knotted in annoyance, i wasn't intimidated by the sudden show of masculinity and stood my ground.

'' no.'' brief and strict as intended.

he seemed different but even then he was far from being the devil in ways my body made clear of, the devil made my heart skip concerning beats when in his presence. I studied his facial features and made a mental comparison between him and the devil, they both had blue ocean eyes but with different emotion behind them, the devil held anger and frustration but at times wore remorse while Harry wore exhaustion and irritation.

he clears his throat before stepping back '' i'll ask Jonah to drive you there then'' a shadow of shame washed over his features and made him seem more gentle. 

''that is not necessary i enjoy walking plus after yesterday's fall i think its best to release some pent up physical stress'' i said with a small smile.

''should i accompany you?'' my eyes widened a little at the request, kind as it may be i need to get away from the two men to readjust my mental sanity.

'' thank you for the kind offer but i'll pass i need some space from the work load''

'' what did he do?''

my brows knotted in confusion ''why do you think he had something to do with me wanting a day off?''

''i know him Elizabeth, you ought to be careful around him he doesn't care about hurting........ you he is a danger'' his voice was shaky as if he feared the devil. My thoughts on the devil were far from evil and maybe that's me being naive for having developed a physical attraction for a patient especially one like the two of them.

''i'll be careful thank you Mr Shaw'' with one polite smile i swiftly departed.