chapter 4

Now I'm seeing things as well? The stranger who ran me over yesterday stood in my vision today! I'm surely losing my mind.

My mouth fell flat on the floor as I looked dumbfounded by this man in front of me.
He walked towards me and held out his hand with a devilish smirk.

"Damian Shaw" my mind stood in one position for a long while trying to register what I'm seeing not paying attention to the extended hand waiting to greet me.

"Does it talk?" He glanced at his mother that stood at the door.

"Where are your manners Damian? That is no manner in which to address a young lady" her voice was stern and bold.

I shook my head slightly and cleared my throat "I'm Dr..... Elizabeth Watson " I shook his hand and quickly retreated my arm before he could devour me whole.

"Ah Dr" he placed air quotes before rolling his eyes sarcastically.

"She will be examining you for the next three months while your dad and I handle business in New York " she turned to me "Dr Watson judging by your puzzled look I assume Mrs Ranolds forgot to inform you that you will have to live here with our dear Damian for the next three months while my husband and I take a business trip. Will that be a problem Mrs Watson? We'll make it worth your while" her smile was clear.

Three months with this asshole! I doubt I can stand him any longer he is so arrogant and full of shit no amount of money can keep me here. I gave her an apologetic smile , just as I was about to decline the devil spoke

"I'm sure Dr Watson here has her cats to feed ." His smug face pissed me off , sure i liked cats but as far as that goes im allergic to them. Was the sick bastard implying that I was lonely?

I don't need a man to fulfil me I had my career!

"I disagree Mr Shaw I'll be happy to take the offer" what was I doing ? Had I finally gone mad? I couldn't stay in this huge house with a psychotic sexy beast who's attitude got on the last strand of peace I held on to

He looked taken aback but quickly composed himself with a sneaky smile.

"Good we will be expecting you tomorrow morning same time. I'll ask the driver to take you home ?" she offered

"No Mrs Shaw I'll walk its nothing honestly " I declined the offer I didn't mind walking back plus I needed to pick up Raggie and Natasha for lunch.

"Are you sure it's not a hassle" persistent but sweet of Mrs Shaw.

The devil rolled his eyes before commenting " let her walk mother a few pounds shaved off would do her some good"

His mother smacked him over the head before apologizing for the rotten manners of her son.

After I left the devil's chambers I made my way to Noleen's restaurant down on Langer road a humble restaurant made from wooden furniture and earthy sent which surrounded the place. Natasha and Raggie sat on the inside and had already ordered my usual virgin mojito on the rocks.

"Elizabeth you look flushed" Natasha gave me a welcoming smile as for Raggie who couldn't wait to burn me dry.

"No doubt with all that walking. Ah Elizabeth the cheapskate why don't you get yourself a decent car I'm sure your salary could afford " he rose a brow.

"I don't mind walking since I don't get time to exercise walking does me good"
It's not the only reason why I prefer walking but I wasn't going to spill my sob story and start sulking in front of Raggie.

So I rather told them about the sexy devil, how we met the day before and what happened this morning.

Raggie laughed and Natasha gave me a teenage grin, I knew what she was thinking and i had no intention on getting hot and bothered over "The mysterious sexy devil" I hadn't given them his name due to doctor patient confidentiality.

"So he called you fat? Well someone had to say it " Raggie laughed and Natasha pinched him on his side causing him to groan.

Ah how I enjoy such moments of sadistic humour at Raggie's expense.
"Ragenold she's not fat. The brat is just full of shit I suggest you convince his parents to lock him up in a mental asylum, that'll teach the bastard a lesson "

We laughed and order food

After explaining to my mother how taking the job at the Shaw residents would benefit my career in the long run she all but threw negative comments.

"I've lived in this town for more than 45 years Elizabeth and never heard of your so called Shaw family " she stood crossed legs leaning on the kitchen sink.

"Probably because they like discretion and live in solitude on the end of Mabel street in the woods" I sat at the kitchen table drinking my cup of coffee which I had craved for this entire day.

My mom and I lived in this humble two bedroom house alone ever since my deadbeat of a father went out to get the daily newspaper and forgot our house address.

"Mabel street does not have residents Elly. Have you started using candy stones Nolia?"

Her look of concern told me she was dead serious. Candy stones were the drugs sold in the dark alleys of devils Dan on the east side. Some teenagers experimenting with some sort of unknown drugs which causes traumatic hallucinations and violence. I had the displeasure of examining one of the kids who were hooked on it and she seemed too far gone to be pulled back to reality.

"Mother I'm going to bed sleep tight" I gave her a small kiss on the cheek before retreating to my room to pack.

Whilst I was packing i received an e-mail from Mrs Shaw :

Good evening Dr Watson

my apologies for disturbing your evening but I forgot to

mention that I'll be leaving first thing tomorrow morning and won't be able to give you a tour of the house but I've noted Caroline the house maid which I'm sure you must be acquainted with by now.

Damian has Dissociative identity disorder, his other identity is known as Harry the total opposite of him. Now mind you it will be difficult to keep tract when his other identity would pop up but I'm sure you can manage.

I hope you can help him control these switches.

Your sincerely

Grace Shaw