sixteen !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chapter fifteen — under !3x06— motel california- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3x06— motel california
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"scarlett? what are you doing?" the girl had a small bottle of whiskey in her hand, one she'd snagged from the mini fridge in the cheap motel room. she was balancing on the wall of the roof, still letting the brown liquid pour down her neck. she frowned as she heard the voice, spinning around and looking down to the figure.

"hey, boys. come to enjoy the show?" she had only a pair of pyjamas on, consisting of her plaid pyjama pants and a t shirt she'd taken from isaac. she looked between the two boys standing below her, deciding to down the rest of the whiskey in her hand.

"scarlett, get down." the two boys were worried for the girl, with the bottle clutched tightly in her hand, that had been almost fully drank. it was a large bottle, and although scarlett couldn't get drunk, she was still trying her hardest.

"make me." she chuckled slowly, glancing back down to the boys. they shared a look, before stepping closer to the girl. she didn't know why she felt like she needed to jump, but she had the sudden urge to throw herself off the top of the building.

"scarlett, don't be dumb. please just get down." she stumbled slightly, but kept her feet planted safely on the wall. she frowned slightly when she looked down, seeing nothing but a concrete floor.

"it's all my fault." she said quietly, still looking down at the floor beneath her. the two boys shared another look, before stepping forwards slowly. "what's your fault, scar?" she let out a shaky sigh, letting one small tear slip down her cheek.

"erica. scott. everyone. everything's my fault. i'm the abnormal twin. i'm angry, and immoral. i always ruin things for scott." she let out a choked sob, letting her shoulders rack with her tears.

"that's not true. you know that's not true." she shook her head, the motion making her sway slightly and dangling her foot off of the roof. she didn't notice the two boys sliding closer towards her, getting ready to grab her if they needed to.

"it is. erica's dead because of me. if i was there, it could've been me." the two boys were growing increasingly worried about the girl on the roof, and they needed her to get down before it was too late.

"get down, and we can help you. we can make it all better." the boys were pleading with the girl to step down. they both loved her, even if one of them wasn't supposed to. she shook her head, letting out another choked sob.

"you can't. you can't bring her back. but i need to do this. i need to. i need to." it broke their hearts to see such a strong girl breaking it front of them. they didn't understand why she suddenly felt like this, well, one of them did.

"scarlett, get down." she shook her head again, stepping forwards to throw herself off of the roof. in a split second, one of the boys latched onto her waist, dragging her away from the roof's edge and holding her in a tight hug. he cupped the back of her head, soothing her slightly.

"shhh, you're okay. everything's okay." she finally registered what had happened, and shook silently in his arms. as she pulled away from the hug, she looked between the two boys and smiled softly. she didn't know why they had come to her rescue, but she was glad they did.

"thanks, ethan. and you, danny." she smiled gently to them, letting her guide them away from the roof and down to where they knew isaac was staying. scott and stiles would only interrogate her as to why she did it, but isaac would comfort her. they knew that.

"what the hell do you want?" isaac opened the door angrily, glaring and seething at the alpha werewolf. scarlett stepped out from behind the two teen boys, and isaac could only see the smudged makeup and tear stained cheeks.

"what did you do to her?" he brought her into his embrace, letting her mascara stain his white shirt. she pushed her head into his chest, letting them sway gently back and forth. it had broken the boys to see her like that. she was always so strong.

"they saved me." she spoke barely above a whisper, still tucking her head into his embrace. he leant down to kiss the top of her head gently. "we found her on the roof. she was ready to jump." isaac sighed gently, nodding his head as a silent thanks, pulling her into his room.

they laid together on his bed, her body tucked tightly into his side. she didn't want him to see the gears streaming down her face, but he could feel her sadness. but it wasn't sadness. she was angry. angry at herself for letting people see her so vulnerable. she hated it.

what the two didn't know as they fell asleep together, was that four teens were frantically looking around for their short counterpart. she was nowhere to be found, and the events that had happened that night, scared all of them. none of them wanted to find the small girl dead somewhere.

"check isaac's room. they're attached at the hip." her brothers rushed up the stairs, opening the unlocked door and glancing into the room. they saw their sister curled into the arms of a beta werewolf, her head tucked into the crook of his neck, both of them with small smiles on their faces.

"as much as i hate that, at least she's safe." it was true. stiles didn't like the thought of isaac being the person that scarlett had chosen. he barely tolerated isaac as it is, and seeing his sister so close to him made him angry. she deserved better.

"stop hating it. isaac's a good guy. and scar's a big girl. she can handle him." stiles only nodded, trusting scott's judgement on the werewolf. they still wouldn't know until the next morning, that because all of them were so focused on scott, they almost lost scarlett.