eighteen !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chapter eighteen — i tried to scream !2x10 — fury- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2x10 — fury
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

when scarlett awoke from her unconscious state, the lights were off, and scott and matt where nowhere to be seen. derek had his claws in his thigh, and stiles was still laid between them paralysed. when the gunshots came, scarlett threw her body over the top of stiles' determined to keep him safe from harm's way. when she finally realised what was happening, she sighed.

"it's the argents." she dragged stiles' body out of danger, doing the same with derek's. she gave them a soft smile, rushing out of the room to find scott. when the smoke bombs went off, scarlett pushed through, colliding with the body of her twin and sighing in relief. "let's go, grab him." with one of stiles' arms over each of their shoulders, the twins carried him away, locking each door behind them as jackson followed.

"you know, i'm really glad you aren't dead." stiles' comment couldn't have come at a worse time, making scarlett roll her eyes and shrug her shoulders. "take stiles, get to mom." she nodded, lifting stiles' weight and pulling him towards where the sheriff and her mother were. when she felt a sharp scratch on the back of her neck, she crumbled to the ground beside stiles, his hand wrapping around her wrist, and dragging the the rest of the way.

"scarlett. you can do this. if we don't get there, he'll kill your mom." of course, matt wouldn't kill their mother right now, not with the hunters outside, but it was enough to make scarlett's arms work, and she pulled herself along the grimy floor and towards where a fight was about to break out. as derek fought jackson, who was now in full kanima form, scarlett and stiles stayed by the wall, stiles' eyes falling to his father's body on the floor.

when scarlett saw her mother's confused eyes, she frowned, knowing that their secret was out of the bag, and she'd know about them. "mom, don't watch." melissa let out a gasp as she saw her daughter's body on the floor, unable to move. stiles' hand was still latched to her wrist in an attempt to keep her safe. "derek! watch out!" she shouted as the kanima swung its claws towards him again. the alpha was faring well against the seemingly invincible lizard.

"matt! you can stop this. just stop." she pleaded, not wanting derek to die, and not wanting to die herself. "jackson, if you touch my mom i swear to god i'll rip your head off. with my damn teeth!" she growled, her eyes glowing yellow with her new found anger. she cheered silently when scott ran in, digging his claws into jackson's kanima back and dragging him away from the cell melissa was in. with the amount of anger bubbling inside her, scarlett managed to stand, her body not failing her this time.

"hey, scotty. how's about we show jackson how the mccall's fight?" the two crouched side by side, flicking their heads up to reveal their wolf forms, their claws coming out along with their fangs. as their mother begged to know if they were okay, they shared a look, before slowly spinning around to show her their faces, their yellow eyes and fangs sticking out between their teeth. she backed away from them slowly, covering her tears with her hands and sobbing.

with a sad glance back, the twins ran away, off to find jackson and derek again. as they ran, scarlett lost scott, but ran into derek, who wrapped a hand around her mouth and signalled for her to listen. scott was talking to gerard, who revealed that scott was working for the hunter, something scarlett didn't even know about. as scott ran away, she stayed with derek, who wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"you didn't know?" she shook her head, giving him a bored look and pushing her head further into his chest. "i wouldn't do that to isaac. you know i wouldn't." he nodded, lacing her hand with his and pulling her away from their hidden corner, to an unknown location. speaking of isaac, he still didn't know that she had almost died, and was still in derek's underground lair, with boyd and erica.

she sighed as derek carried on pulling her through the police station, rubbing her tired eyes carefully. "do you really think scott would do that to us? or was he playing double agent?" derek only shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to reveal to scarlett that her twin brother, someone she thought she knew like the back of her hand, was working for the enemy. all for a high school girlfriend.

"i don't know, scar. i really don't know."