three !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chapter three — full moon rising !2x02 — shape shifter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2x02 — shape shifter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"did he really just sniff four players?" scarlett asked in disbelief, glancing at her brother in the goal. stiles ignored her, focusing on scott. "and now he's on top of danny." she smacked her forehead, pushing her way in front of stiles so that she was standing behind isaac. she stood up on her tiptoes, resting her chin on his shoulder and smiling at the boy. "hi, isaac."

he shrugged her off, and scarlett could've sworn she heard a low growl from him. he caught the lacrosse ball as scarlett slapped stiles' chest. "did he just-" she was cut off by a nod from stiles, who turned her chin to face the showdown about to happen. the two began running at each other, colliding in the air and tumbling to the ground in a pile of limbs. scarlett winced in pain for her brother, but quickly stopped at the sight she saw.

"sti, what's your pops doing here?" she pointed towards the trio of police officers walking onto the field, sunglasses on, guns clutched to their sides. isaac was taken to the side by the sheriff, the trio of friends crowding together to listen in. "his father's dead." scarlett smiled, silently cheering that the man would no longer be able to torture his son. "they think he was murdered."

scarlett's smile soon dropped after hearing that, noting that now isaac was a werewolf, it could have been him that killed his father. "is he a suspect?" she frowned at the thought of isaac getting locked up for killing his father, when in reality, she could feel that it wasn't him who did it. "they can lock him in a holding cell for twenty four hours." stiles smiled slightly, taking in scarlett's sad expression as he glanced at her.

"during the full moon." it was a sound plan, and scarlett couldn't find a hole in stiles' plan, other than the fact he might not even be a suspect. scarlett walked away, shaking her head and mumbling to herself that isaac couldn't be a killer. as she entered her next class, one without scott and stiles, she frowned, seeing an empty seat which she presumed belonged to isaac. when her class had finished she ran outside, just in time to see isaac in the back of a cop car.

she growled lowly as derek's car pulled up, hearing scott run in beside her. "get in." she scoffed, rolling her eyes and turning to walk away. "are you serious?" scott grabbed her arm, pulling her back to stand beside him. "you did that. that's your fault." scott pointed towards the exiting cop cars, making scarlett frown again at the thought of isaac. "i know that. now get in the car, and help me." scarlett signed, beginning to walk down the steps towards his car.

"it's when they do a real search of the house. whatever jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse." scarlett has a sudden realisation dawn upon her, the black eye he cane to school with, she was he was running away. "it's his dad, isn't it? he hits him." scott nodded sadly, wrapping an arm around his twin's shoulders and frowning. derek pushed the car door open, making scarlett call shotgun and jump in beside the older male.

——————————

"scott...i don't like this." her senses were going off like an alarm, and she could smell hints of blood dotted around the house. he glanced to his sister, who was currently tucked under derek's arm comfortably. "there's something down there." she frowned, pushing the basement door open with her foot. she followed scott down the steps, listening to derek's instructions about giving in to her senses, and feeling the motive.

her eyes locked onto a large freezer, nudging scott to look at it. "that's it, isn't it?" she shuddered at the thought, looking at the chains wrapped around it. derek appeared beside her, holding the flashlight above the padlock and urging them to open it. "together?" the twins nodded, lifting the lid and peering inside. inside were hundreds of claw marks, dried blood, and fresh blood. scarlett gasped, burying her face into scott's shoulder.

"i'm glad he's dead." scarlett's tone was harsh, and full of hatred, and she meant every word. she pushed past her brother and derek, rushing upstairs just in time to answer a phone call from stiles. "sti? whoa slow down...they're what? i'm on my way." she rushed outside, not saying anything to scott and sprinting to the sheriff's station. stiles found her along the way, making her jump in the backseat and lean against the seats.

"he can't die. he just can't." scarlett had never liked anyone before. besides a seventh grade crush on stiles, scarlett had never once wanted to date any boys. isaac was the first boy she had liked, even if she had only spoken to him a handful of times. "he's not going to die, scar. we won't let him." he cupped her cheeks, squishing them together and looking at her eyes. she nodded, looking awkwardly at his hands and letting them away from her face.

"the problem is getting past the front desk." stiles listed off, describing the problems to derek. "i'll distract her." scarlett smirked, knowing exactly what he was going to do. before he could leave the jeep, stiles' hand latched onto arm, preventing him. derek's eyes flicked from stiles' hand to his face multiple times, until he flinched and pulled his hand away. "i was exonerated." scarlett nodded along with derek, smiling slightly. "he was exonerated." derek glanced back at her, a soft smile on his lips.

"you're still a person of interest." she ignored the two bickering boys in the front seat, deciding to slip out of the jeep and wait for derek at the front doors. the man smiled when he saw her waiting patiently on a wall, kicking her legs in front of her and playing with a loose thread on her shirt. he already had a soft spot for her. "come on." she followed behind him as he flirted with the woman at the front desk, letting her slip away with stiles to his dad's office.

"oh no." they checked the lock box, the keys being gone and a trail of blood leading them right to a hunter. "stay there." scarlett did as she was told, staying put in the sheriff's office until stiles came back. that was, until she heard him yell for her. she rushed around the corner, seeing the hunter grabbing a hold of stiles and dragging him away. she tried to pull stiles' body away from the hunter, attempting to keep her distance from the syringe of wolfsbane in his hand.

"let him go, you son of a-oh shit." the hunter grabbed a hold of scarlett, holding the syringe up against her neck. as they rounded the corner, they saw isaac's cell door ripped off of its hinges, and isaac nowhere to be seen. he suddenly lurched forwards out of nowhere, grabbing the hunter and throwing him against the table. "don't touch her!" stiles grabbed scarlett by the waist, pulling her away to hide from the scene.

he pushed the hunter against the wall, snapping his wrist and dropping the wolfsbane to the ground. he hit the hunter's head against the wall, letting his body fall to the ground in a pile. derek suddenly appeared, stamping on the wolfsbane and glaring at isaac. the beta turned to look at stiles, snarling in his direction, ignoring derek and scarlett. derek stood in front of him, roaring in his face and causing isaac to go into submission.

the roar made scarlett curl into stiles' chest, hiding her face and making him cup the back of her head with his hand. when she saw isaac cowering in the corner, she rushed over to him, running her hands over his body to check for any injuries. she stroked his head gently, wiping away the sweat on his forehead. "you're okay, isaac. i got you." she smiled gently, still running her hands through his hair.

"how did you do that?" stiles questioned, glancing towards scarlett, who sat on the floor with isaac's head in her lap. he didn't like how close they were getting, that was his sister, and she wasn't about to date a werewolf like that. scarlett looked up at derek, nodding to the older man and helping isaac up off of the ground.

"i'm the alpha."