25 - This Must Be My Dream

I wake up to the feeling of being lightheaded

I wake up to the feeling of being lightheaded. So it did happen, I did tell Eros how I felt and he shot me down with two of the worst words ever.

After I heard him grace me with them I ran, I ran back home and into my dad's arms.

He didn't question me and just patted me on the back and told me it would be fine.

But, I didn't feel fine.

I look out my window to see that it's still raining; I throw a light jacket on and then go outside to the light morning rain. I go back to where everything happened the night before.

I stand in the middle of the road for a solid minute before I begin to move over to the park next to the road.

I approach the park just to see an all too familiar man in an all too familiar black coat, but this time drenched.

He was an idiot if he stayed here all night.

"You never let me finish."

I stare at him, still in shock at his appearance. He's ghostly pale and has huge bags under both his eyes. Instead of looking radiant he looks dead.

"I'm sorry," he began, "I'm sorry I never told you and let you on to believe I didn't know your future. Because I know it. I've always known it but didn't want to believe it. Your future was thrown right into my eyes that night in the car when I took you to see the couple's engagement. The first night we had together. I saw you and I in the future, together and in love and it fucking scared me. I promised to never fall in love and with a human of all things. Yet I did and even told you when you were drunk, thinking that you would remember. I tried to get out of this infatuation and tried to ignore you, none of my attempts worked and instead backfired. I instead only hurt you and last night when you left me I felt the feeling of what it would be to lose you. And you know what maybe losing you would be for the best because I do nothing but harm you and put you in harm's way. Because alongside that future I also see a very fucked up one where it's shit for you because you're one hundred percent human. I won't age and yet you will. One day you're going to leave me and I'm going to be left on this planet alone. I never wanted to fall in love because I knew falling in love only ends in heartbreak. But, you know what. That was what I thought up until yesterday. Now I realize that having the chance at being in love with you and losing you after several decades is better than never having you. I love you, Orio-"

I cut him off with my lips. He doesn't respond at first, but then his lips begin to move with mine. And he told me I talked too much...

After a few minutes I try to pull away, yet he moves his hands to my cheeks and won't let me go.

I bite his lip in which makes him release me.

I take his hand off my cheeks and place one of mine on his forehead.

He was hot. Not only in a physically attractive way.

"You idiot," I say quietly before grabbing his hand and walking back to my house.

* * *

I spent the day in with Eros; it's nice to be around him without hearing his insults. He passed out the moment I laid him on my bed, and when he slept he looked like an angel.

After staring at him in his peaceful sleep innocently I get myself up and turn towards the door just to feel a hand on my wrist.

"Don't leave me," he mumbles.

His eyes begin to flutter open and I give him a warm smile.

"I'm just going to get you something to eat," I explain.

His grip on my wrist tightens.

"Please don't leave me, you're going to disappear. Please don't leave me; I can't lose you. Please don't leave me," he says helplessly.

"I'm not going to disappear. I couldn't, even if I tried," I reply back, laying him back down onto the bed.

I sit next to him, his hand still around my wrist. I smile.

"I'd never leave you."