14 - You Should Be Loving Someone

I walked into English extra early for some reason this morning

I walked into English extra early for some reason this morning. I unpacked my belongings and prepared myself for class.

It's been four days since Eros joined Northlake's senior class. Today he told me that he couldn't pick me up, I didn't question him.

A few minutes passed and the tardy bell rung, and yet Eros still was still not present.

"Welcome class, today we start one of the students favorite unit of studies," Mrs. Devine projected across the half-asleep classroom, "Mythology."

She walked in between rows and tapped every other student's shoulder to wake them up.

"Throughout the unit, we will be working on an act it out that will help us learn about the subject. Everybody in the class will have a role in which they will participate in a readers theatre, you will be graded on whether you read the part," she explained.

She passed out a planning sheet and then returned back to her podium, putting her clipboard on the surface. "Now the casting begins..."

People began to drum their fingers against their desks.

"William Westchester as Zeus."

His best friend and fellow jock Eli let out a loud laugh and slapped William across the back from behind. Mrs. Devine just gave a small smile to the class and continued.

"Eli Weston as Hera," she said with a sweet smile.

I tried to contain myself from bursting out into laughter, and this was why Mrs. Devine was my favorite teacher.

"Hera's a girl, I'd be married to Will then! Sorry, but I like chicks, not di-" he began to yell out.

But, he was interrupted by the arrival of Eros. As in Eros' hand was slapped on top of Eli's mouth.

"Good morning Orion," he said to me with a smile, Eli's face beginning to turn into a bright crimson.

I chuckled and gave a nod. "Eros, let the boy breathe."

The whole class erupted in a laughter as Eli gasped for air, a moment later Mrs. Devine requested silence.

"Just in time Eros," she said, giving both Eros and I a grin, "Eros as Cupid, and Orion as Psyche."

I almost choked on the surrounding air; I gave a raised eyebrow look to Eros to which he replied with a shrugging of shoulders.

Cupid's playing Cupid and I'm playing his lover. The situation couldn't have been any more perfect.

"As you all may know, Cupid and Psyche are the Greek's version of Romeo and Juliet. The two loved each other deeply yet faced trouble," Mrs. Devine spoke to the crowd before giving a quick clap.

"Now, for the role of Aphrodite..."

* * *

I was packing my belongings up when Mrs. Devine made her way over to me.

"I had a reason to assign you as Psyche, I have some weird intuition that you and Eros have a hidden twisted love story like Cupid and Psyche."

I gave a glance at her and did a small nod.

"We definitely have something," I say before rushing off to my next class.

* * *

"Not psyched to be Psyche?" Eros asks as we walk to the car.

It's now after school and the school week is over, aka it's Friday.

"Haha, very funny Cupid," I say emotionlessly.

I've been hanging around Eros so much that his dry humor and emotionless ways were rubbing off on me.

"I'd rather play any other person then that idiot," he says roughly.

Which causes my eyebrow to raise. "Why, do you hate the original Cupid?"

He doesn't say anything for a while; in fact, he doesn't say anything until we get in the car.

"He's an idiot who fell in love with a mortal, he's a complete utter idiot to fall in love with a mortal. Gods and angels don't simply fall in love with mortals. All it causes is heartbreak and disaster. Love is truly idiotic."