26 - Free Fallin'

"One last hint," he says, backing away from the kiss I'm ready to plant onto his lips

It's a week after everything went down, a week of Eros and I. We're now situated in my living room watching TV.

I guess you could say that we're dating, I guess you could call what we have that.

We were kissing and we were holding hands.

You could also call it love.

I groan at his previous statement, couldn't he just let me kiss him?

"Hint?"

"Yeah, a hint about your fated match," he says as if I didn't already know.

I don't say anything and just nod, hopefully, he'll shut up soon.

"He's actually right in front of you."

I mouth an 'I love you' and then he pulls me into a lip lock.

I push away from the kiss a minute later and grab his hand, he gives me a frown from the sudden disinterest I have in kissing him.

I move his hand to his chest and place it to about where his heart should be; it's beating loud and clear.

"What is that noise?" he asks in a low voice with enlarged eyes.

I don't say anything and just keep my hand pressed over his, which is pressed, against his chest.

"My chest feels heavy... It hurts."

I let out a laugh.

"What is it? I feel like I'm dying..." he says with concern.

I laugh again, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"It's your heart, Cupid."

I move his hand to where my heart is located.

"Feel that? It's my heart. And it won't stop beating for you," I say.

He gives a large dimpled grin.

"Your heart beats?" he questions.

"Yeah," I say.

It wasn't until then that I truly realized what was happening. My heart had been returned; Eros' heart had appeared back into his chest.

"Your heart beats?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he answers.

I hug him hard.

"Our hearts are beating, we're relinquished from job positions of Cupid. You didn't have to apply for the freedom; you just had to tell me how you felt. Eros, you're free." I explain to him.

"I'm free," he says with a happy nod.

"You're free."

He runs a hand through his hair and then places it back over his heart.

"Ah shit, having a heart is a burden though," he says with a smug look plastered on his face.

"A burden that's worth it?" I ask.

He gives a large dimpled grin and thumps his hand over his chest to the beat of his heart.

"A burden that's worth it."