13 - Pretend That I'm the One

Eros looked really fucking good, almost too good to be sent out alone in Northlake's halls

The school's entire female population would eat Eros alive, but then again that wasn't my problem.

He woke me up at the crack of seven; in fact, he pulled me out of bed. Literally, like he grabbed my bed sheet and dropped me on the ground. I opened my eyes to see a straight-faced Eros in navy rolled up chinos, a navy and grey pocket tee, and vans.

He looked good I must say. But, not good enough to have wakened me up, broken my spine, and get away with it.

From the time span from my house and school, he had probably called me an idiot at least thirteen times and would proceed to call me an idiot, even more, when he sees that I cannot do the math to save my life.

"Idiot, take me to the front office," I hear his voice yell from outside the car.

I scurry out the car and lead him to the front office. The secretary is actually nice for once and gives him his schedule with fluttering eyelashes and a grin. I never noticed how many cougars there were at Northlake until Eros stepped inside.

He had three out of five classes with me and then lunch, just my luck. He was in calculus, I was not. He was in music theory, I was not.

I walked him to Mrs. Devine's AP English 4 class. Mrs. Devine was a lady in her early thirties and probably my favorite teacher. She had sarcasm, wit, and pretty decent tests.

When we walked into the classroom everybody's eyes were on us, or rather just Eros.

He handed his schedule to her and she gave a smile.

"Class, this is Eros Cupiden," she began, I tried to contain my laughter, she continued, "And he's been homeschooled until now so be nice and make him feel welcomed or else you can expect homework over Thanksgiving break."

She then let him chose a seat, and not so shockingly he decided to sit right next to me. I sat in the front of the classroom, right next to the windows. I had never attracted much attention in class until now.

I caught a few girls applying lip-gloss and more mascara after seeing him. The things girls do to attract guys...

So many girls were desperate for his attention, any boy's attention.

"Orion please read next," Mrs. Devine said, giving me a smile.

Read? What is this English?

"Idiot, page six top paragraph," Eros whispered.

I nodded my head and read the passage out loud.

Fifty minutes later and the bell rings, Eros getting stopped on the way out of class by Aaron and Jesse, or whom I call 2/3 of the douche bags of Northlake.

"Hey, Cupiden," Aaron begins, "If you want a seat at lunch we've got one for you, loads of cheerleaders and everything."

"I'll pass, I'm sitting with Orion," Eros says with his usual emotionless expression.

We begin to walk out completely when I feel a hand on my wrist.

"Can we talk?" I hear an all too familiar voice say softly.

I turn to face Jesse, Jesse Clavell. Northlake bad boy, heartbreaker, badass, and better yet... My ex-boyfriend. Key word is "ex" boyfriend.

"I don't really feel like hearing about every girl you cheated on me with, sorry maybe some other time?" I say quickly before removing his hand from my wrist.

He groans before speaking, "I didn't cheat on you for the last time, Orion. I was set up, Zane Matthews liked you and didn't like me so he tried to frame me."

I wish I believed him, but I don't.

I didn't ever have the 'I'll be the good girl who changes the bad boy's intentions when I date him' idea. He was a man whore and even I knew it back then. I dated him because he told me he liked me one day and I thought maybe I had a thing for him, and it was cool dating him. He was a good kisser, and he wasn't a total douche bag around me. But, our little fairy tale ended and to be honest, I'm glad that it did.

"What did you want to talk about, you have two minutes," I say staring into his brown eyes.

He doesn't say anything other than these three little words. "I miss you."

I put on a smile before saying softly, "Really? Because I don't miss you."

* * *

"I miss you," Eros says mockingly, him standing against the Jeep.

"I hate you," I say under my breath.

He rolls his eyes before saying, "Lying isn't good for the soul, Orion."

"So how was your first day? I didn't see your body shoved into a locker so that's good," I say fake cheerfully.

"Fine," he begins, "Other than the fact I had stuffed-bra-cake-faced-bleach-blonde girls eyeing me down. I feel almost violated."

I laugh, poor baby.

"I have calculus and music theory with Kyle though so that makes things slightly more tolerable, he's not a bad guy," he says, his eyes on the road.

"He isn't, I need to find a guy like him and not like Jesse."

Eros doesn't say anything and just drives back to my place; the rest of the drive is peaceful.

We arrive at my house and I step out the door, hearing him speak for the first time in ten minutes.

"Maybe you don't need to necessarily find him."