03 - I Think I Wanna Marry You

"Your heart gets taken away, temporarily. Your heart is not physically taken away, but you'll have no heartbeat. It begins to come back once you match up couples, you'll feel a small pulse over time. But, the only way for it to fully return is for you to fall in love and have your love reciprocated. When Cupid finds their own destined partner they pass on the duty," he explains as his eyes stay glued to the road.

"So you fell in love?" I ask, genuinely curious.

A laugh and then a smirk arises on his face.

"Of course not, love is idiotic."

The rest of the car ride was dead silent, if I hadn't known I would guess that there had been a murder and nobody wanted to speak what he or she knew

The rest of the car ride was dead silent, if I hadn't known I would guess that there had been a murder and nobody wanted to speak what he or she knew... It was like a murder or something else equally as tragic.

I could use some music to lessen the awkward and plus music is a gift that should be played. No, alternative music was a gift.

I reach for the radio system just for my hand to be smacked away by a larger one.

"Hey!" I yell and he swerves the car to the edge of the road.

"No touching," he says nonchalantly.

Who does he think he is, a freaking angel? He had some nerve. I've never been a huge women's movement supporter or whatever but smacking a ladies hand away is uncalled for. He expects me to be this matchmaker from heaven yet treats me like utmost shit. I call quits.

Call me a quitter but I deserve at least some respect.

I open the car door and he gives me a don't-you-fucking-dare look which I ignore, slamming the door behind me.

"Cupid, I have a middle finger for you!" I yell as I walk away with my body facing the car but my feet walking the opposite direction.

Then I flashed a certain dainty finger up and turn around, making a mad dash for it. I ran like a dang cheetah.

I ran myself to the closest location I could find, due to my underdeveloped muscles or what you can say lack of athletic training. The location just happened to be a diner, thank goodness. I was thirsty from the little marathon, now I cannot run for another year.

I can just call a taxi or friend to pick me up and take me home; diaper boy couldn't possibly know where I reside. But, then again he made my heart stop beating... Then I'll just stay at a friend's house.

I opened the diner's door to feel the cool breeze of air conditioning, the smell of cheeseburgers, and the sight of... The devil himself.

"I really deeply despise you, Cupid," I say as I pant my way to him, him sitting on a barstool with a milkshake.

"Want this?" he asks gesturing to the milkshake.

"Yeah, I would love it, guess you can find a way to be nice," I say from pure exhaustion and reach for the shake just for it to be pulled away.