08.

Storm Brewing.

Roman.

"What happened to you?" Allysa demanded as she walked closer to Roman wiping away some of the blood with her torn clothes. "I was attacked, Zach ambushed my car when I had gone to get ingredients by the old greenhouse in the woods, he attacked me with ten wolves, I had no choice, I almost killed them." Roman confessed to his friends, he thought Thalia would be running for the hills after hearing this but was surprised when she hugged him.

"I'm glad you fought back, because you defended yourself when no one would, that's what being a witch is, my dad always says we're the mystic race most looked down upon because of our instincts to do anything to survive, but it doesn't matter, because in the end, it's either you or them, and I'm glad you chose you." The silver haired witch relayed as she healed some of the cuts on Roman's skin.

He was glad to hear her words, grateful that she was able to accept his bad with the good. "You're officially one of us, Thalia Thorne." Allen asserted as he held out a necklace with a blooming rose and a perfect diamond in the middle. "This is beautiful." She whispered making Roman smile. "We wanted to give you that after the friend date but we had to kill a goatman and yeah you know the rest." Marc explained making Roman and the group chuckle.

"It's yours, to us it shows you're a part of us, like we're a part of you, we will be there for you when you need us, we will stand with you and we will survive and with you." Roman exclaimed as he hugged the girl, he was happy to finally have her as a true part of the group, they all coo when Thalia broke down, he knew why she had burst into tears, without having people to accept you for you, life is hard. When she finally calmed down, Roman helped her put on the necklace. "I will never take it off." She whispered to herself.

"Now with that out of the way, we have to get to someone's house and clean up, you need to tell us what happened and we need to tell you what happened here." Marc interjected with a stern tone making them all realize that they indeed needed to clean up and deal with everything, Roman led the way to Thalia's car, the five of them all got in as Marc drove back toward the Rose home.

"Why would Zach attack you, it makes no sense, he already framed you for killing Lex's mother." Allen argued as they got out of the car and into the house through the kitchen. "You know how Zach is obsessed with pleasing his alpha and how he wants to prove that I killed his older brother when the incident happened." Roman replied reliving the moments of the incident when his family was cast out and he was framed for killing wolves and Lex's mother.

"He's being a total asshole, I wish he would just leave you alone." Allysa spoke up as she finally tore away the remains of her top. "Wolves honey, wolves." Thalia replied making all five roll their eyes. "So you left them at the greenhouse?" Marc questioned and Roman shook his head no. "I moved them to pack territory, they will however be paralyzed for a day along with a lot of muscle strain since I made bane vapor scatter into the air." The Rose witch replied making his friends look at him in shock, he knew he had gone a tad bit far but they had ruined his favorite denim jacket, payback was a bitch.

"You're one sinister witch." Thalia mused as she flopped down on the couch, Roman made his denim jacket appear and they all gasped. "No!" Allysa rasped out as she took the remains of the jacket. "You got this from— and it was from." She couldn't form a single sentence because it was rather painful watching it in tatters like that especially with its sentimental value. "You should've burnt them too." Allen finally interjected looking at the jacket.

"I know but anymore damage the alpha would be hunting us down for injuring his children, Lex would want our heads if he doesn't already and the witches would revel in our destruction." Roman replied as he rested his head on Marc's thighs, he was always the go to if you needed comfort, even if he was the silent one of the group. "Why are the witches attacking us?" Thalia questioned as she took the jacket from Allysa and muttered spells beneath her breath, it began to reform as she did so.

"I don't know, I guess they see us as a threat, with you joining us we seem more and more like a coven than a group of banished kids, whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, we do seem like a coven, and bit by bit we are sharing power." Roman explained as Marc ran fingers through his red flowing locks. "Are we a coven, I mean Amon, did claim you were our coven leader, that must mean something." Thalia replied as well as revealing information that made Roman sit up.

"He said that?" He questioned Thalia who nodded right then. "Bastard." The witch grumbled as he got up and made the door to his workroom appear. "Roman, what is it?" Allen demanded as they all walked into the workroom. "Haven't you figured it out, Amon knew the witches were planning something against us, why would he have information about us being a coven, only witches in another coven can distinguish energy flow between individuals, therefore realizing if these particular witches are a coven." Roman exclaimed as the workroom door shut itself and he snapped his fingers.

The lights dimmed to candlelight, the four gasped as they saw the twinkling golden fairy lights that wove around them in a circle, it connected them all. "Witches can feel this energy, no other mystics can." The witch added explaining to his friends and suddenly realization came. "The witches are after us because they see us as a threat, the wolves have their own agenda seeing as their leader won't make a pact with us but Amon did causing more uproar with everyone else, dammit." Roman blasted the wall with his magic.

"So he's had his own plan all along." Thalia mumbled as she stepped back toward a bookshelf, she supported herself with it, realization was a hard thing to accept. "Oh no." Allysa expressed as she quickly moved to hug Thalia, the girl would be distraught after this, Amon had been dabbling in his own plans whilst they believed he was their ally. "I'm sorry Thalia." Roman stated as he wiped away a stray tear off her cheek. "We are here for you." Marc offered and Roman was happy that they were all there to comfort her.

"I'm going to be okay." She exclaimed with a chuckle. "We now have bigger problems, we have no allies and everyone might be out to get us, what do we do, Roman." She added and they all looked to him for a way, he was their leader whether he wanted it or not. "We give them what they want and we deal with each problem as it comes to us, the witches will be first." He replied as he moved things around in his workroom.

"Let's do the ritual." Allysa suggested as she made a pentagram appear on the floor, this was it, they were going to give the world what they wanted, if it was a coven to fear, then Roman would be its making, and they would indeed fear them. "We are outcasts but that doesn't mean we're powerless, and we won't let betrayal slip away without its due." Marc announced looking into the stormy eyes of Thalia who nodded as she cut her palm and let her blood flow into the vessel that had all their blood, Roman began the ceremony, that would save their lives.

+++

LMJ