02.

We protect our own.

Roman Ahmad Rose.

The new girl wasn't so new anymore in Roman's book anyway, she had successfully stood up to one of the four bullies who got away with anything at the school and that made him proud and since her first day, she's been acquintained with all three of his friends, making her the fifth person to join his circle. All of them had quickly taken to Thalia, she was wild, confident, and strong, her parents were a riot.

A knock on the door downstairs made him and the rest of the gang grumble, they were all sprawled on the floor studying. "Let me go check." Roman offered and walked down the stairs, his eyes flashed silver as he got to the door, he knew he would come around at some point, with a heavy sigh he walked toward the door and swung it open, Lex was his usual brooding self, holding himself in such a high regard that it seemed everyone was beneath him.

"How may I help you alpha?" He questioned the wolf who forced his way in making him roll his eyes. "Was it you?" He demanded and that confused Roman. "Was it what?" He inquired but the wolf growled and held Roman by his neck having his body on the wall. "Don't play dumb with me witch, was it you who killed them?" He growled again choking Roman, the alpha was thrown to the door he had just walked through by an unseen force. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about Lex, you can't just walk in here throwing accusations, I don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about!" Roman replied as his neck healed instantly.

"Six wolves were found dead on unclaimed territory, the coven says it has nothing to do with it, Amon wasn't around, and Zach told me it was a witch who killed them, and the only witch I know capable of killing like that is you!" The large teen growled but Roman held his hand out to restrain him. "The fuck are you talking about, I don't know anything about killings, just because I'm no longer part of that horrid coven you immediately surmised it was me, how stupid are you, what if Zach lied, or a rogue vampire killed them." The witch argued looking at the alpha, when his eyes met his a certain pang of hurt crossed the alpha's eyes.

"I don't know why your wolves are being killed but it's certainly not me, now if you would please." Roman announced opening the door with the wave of his hand. "This isn't over." Lex growled and walked out the door which slammed itself. Roman was sure something was wrong, he had been having this feeling for a while now but decided to ignore it, now wolves were being killed and the suspect was him, it was too much of a coincidence. "That was intense." Alyssa muttered standing by the stairs. "Yeah, apparently I'm a killer now." There was more hurt in that statement than he would've liked to show, some relationships had to remain buried.

"Are we going to look into it or ignore?" Allen questioned with a raised brow standing next to his twin. "No we're not, it's a wolf problem let them handle it, if we interfere we're giving the witches a prime opportunity to brand us the killers, so nope, we're staying out of it." He replied the brunette with a lazy smile that conveyed an unspoken understanding. They all moved to walk upstairs again but the doorbell rang, Roman groaned and walked back to open the door, he was relieved to see who it was.

"Thalia, what brings you here?" Roman questioned the girl, this was her first time at his house but he'd been to her house the past week after meeting her, her dad had insisted Roman and his friends come for dinner, it was actually one happy night. "Cant a girl visit friends and I also need a favor." He narrowed his eyes on the girl who chuckled nervously. "Okay it's more on the favor." She admitted making him laugh and gestured her in. "Make yourself at home, my parents are visiting family in Romania for I don't know how long, so the house is free reign for me." The witch explained to his newest friend.