25.

She, the new leader who yearns for peace.

Ember.

"Mother there is nothing I can do but try and vouch for peace, what would you have me do that would ensure that all the witches are united, Kev, destroyed any chance of the coven ever having its old power." Ember argued looking at the mistress, she who led the coven of Halkrest bay. "There is something else you can do to make sure we have enough power to fight the resurrection, if you can convince the other next in lines that you want peace, I'm sure with time and a bit of meddling they will be on board, Goddess knows we need the power." The mistress replied her daughter as she stood from the couch  of Ember's room, she was glad to finally have her back, the one who had inherited her light, her power, even her hair, blinding golden locks of hair. "I can convince the banshees and the fae, Amon of the vampires has gotten powerful and having a witch mate has changed things, we used to play together as kids now we are strangers, the key to get him to agree is Thalia Thorne, and she is a completely different story." Ember explained with a sigh as the mistress's eyes lit up at the mention of the witch.

"She is Roman's protégé, powerful creature and she hasn't even reached her full potential much like you, who will be the hardest to convince is Roman, your brother did a number on his life, yet that's exactly why he thrived, he's gotten strong to the point of being able to summon the fabled gate keeper and bring Allysa his friend, back to life, convince him, and you have the strongest force in Halkrest bay by your side to fight the resurrection." She asserted making Ember's curiosity peak and her need to find out just how powerful Roman was, she would never antagonize or poke a sleeping dragon though, if her mother said he was strong, she believed her. "I will try mom, this festival should lighten up the tension around this town, its suffocating." Ember complained making her mother chuckle. "Your brother and his mate left a mark here, a bad one, we have a long way to go before the other mystics trust us, but I have faith in you my child, if anyone is capable of bringing peace back to our home its you." She praised before placing a kiss on Ember's forehead, she hoped she could do it, it wasn't easy making people co operate or unite when your unhinged psycho of a brother killed town folk for fun. I will try mom,it echoed in her head.

The outcast Coven

"It suits me better." Roman mumbled as he walked out in black boots, a one piece navy and rose, open neck jump suit, he looked absolutely delicious in it. "I have to admit, he looks gorgeous." Allysa exclaimed as she was wearing the exact same outfit. "Why not try the white one?" Allen offered and shooed her off to change. "Have you thought about tonight?" Allen asked the golden haired witch who nodded. "I'm going to keep it simple, actually cook the meat he sent me and have Marc eat the rest however he wants it, speaking of, where is your dream boat?" Roman asked as Marc had vanished the moment they drove into the city. "He and Vincent have a surprise for me, and I am vibrating for it, so that's why he hightailed away the moment we got here." Allen explained making Roman narrow his eyes at him. "You have that look in your eye." Roman teased and Allen blushed looking away, truly Allen loved Marc, he was his everything, even if he was horrible at surprises and social interactions even more so lately, he still loved him.

"So I have a surprise of my own, I want you to tell me what you think." Allen muttered as he snapped his fingers, his raven black hair cascaded down his back to his waist in beautiful waves shocking Roman, he further waved a hand around his body and his whole appearance changed, it was still Allen but there was something a bit more feminine about him, it was as if he was a butterfly that had hatched from it cocoon. "Ever since we started training with extreme magic and harnessing our innate abilities, my magic has been making different changes to my body, I tried to whip up a suppression spell but it won't work, its being burned out of my system." Allen explained making Roman smile with a look of understanding.