09.

Harsh Revelations.

Lex Hashad.

When he had found them they were paralyzed, their muscles strained and their bodies covered in blood. He couldn't comprehend what had happened to cause so much damage to a group of wolves, let alone one with his beta there. "Do you know what happened to them?" Lex asked the doctor in charge at the packhouse infirmary, she had put all ten wolves in healing pods when they got to the infirmary.

"Preliminary data has come with results that explains a lot of their damage, they inhaled bane vapor that's why their muscles are strained, as you know wolfsbane is more lethal in gas form, the paralysis is due to magic but the effects are wearing off, their injuries, I don't know what caused those, they are not minor but whoever inflicted them wasn't going for the kill, they knew the wolf anatomy, and their strikes were only to hurt not kill." The doctor explained further making the alpha confused, he didn't know who Zach had fought, in fact, he hadn't known his beta had gone out at all.

"Will they be alright?" He questioned again. "Yes, the healing pods accelerated their healing so they should all be healed in an hour, Zach should be out in a few minutes." The woman replied with a nod to the alpha and turned to leave, he kept his watch on the pods, they reminded him of his mother and Roman, the two of them had worked tirelessly to have them set up and functioning properly, the thoughts alone made Lex's heart constrict in both anger and pain. Why did he do it, he could never get that answer.

Zach was released from the healing pod in minutes as the doctor had stated, Lex walked toward the pod and handed his beta clothes. "Thanks." The wolf gratefully took the clothes and walked toward the bathroom, after a few minutes a refreshed Zach walked out of the bathroom, Lex turned to look at his beta with narrowed eyes. "What happened?" He demanded immediately but Zach couldn't face him. "Start talking Zach, what happened?" He added making the beta step back.

"Not here, follow me." Lex's father called out, his dominance and power washed over both the boys but not as much on Lex, the two of them walked away from the infirmary toward the pack training grounds which were empty, Lex's father was already there when the two of them made it to the place. "I'm not happy with the recent events, even more, disappointed that you almost got killed." The man growled toward Lex and Zach but his anger was directed at the beta.

"What happened?" The older alpha questioned the beta. "I went with a group of wolves to neutral territory, near the old greenhouse, it was just to find clues on who had killed the wolves recently, we ran into Roman at the greenhouse and he claimed that the territory belonged to him and his friends, the argument got heated I couldn't control myself and I—." Zach was frozen when he felt the waves of power that rolled off Lex when he mentioned Roman's name. "You did what?" Lex demanded and Zach had no choice but to obey.

"I challenged him with the wolves I had, I thought we could take him but—." Zach didn't finish as he found himself on the ground groaning. "You stupid idiot, why the hell would you challenge Roman, you know what he's done before, and you know the kind of power he possesses!" Lex yelled in anger until his father laid a calming hand on his shoulder. "I am sorry alpha, it was rash thinking, I couldn't control myself, he killed my brother." Zach confessed as he looked at the grass in shame of his actions.

"You could've died, by the snap of his fingers he could've killed you, luckily he only placed non lethal wounds on all of you then paralyzed you, what if he hadn't done that, you would be dead!" Lex barked out as his anger surfaced yet again. "Calm down son, mistakes happen, he couldn't control himself, we just have to be glad the witch didn't kill them." The older alpha stated wisely as Lex ran fingers through his perfect head of hair, how was he supposed to be grateful to that murderer.

Before any of the three could speak, Lex's cousin walked up to them with a file in hand, his face was grim but held conviction. "Evening alphas, Zach." He acknowledged them all before he turned to meet Lex's eyes. "Vincent, what brings you here, done with training already?" Lex questioned the hybrid who stood in front of him, though Vincent was born half witch, the pack never shunned him and he was loved by all because he used his abilities to help and protect the pack.

"The master of enchantments refused to tutor me, he claims the pack wants him dead and therefore can't be affiliated with any of its members." Vincent replied pain lacing each word, Zach who now stood next to the boy felt sorry for him but how could Allen back out of their deal so abruptly, he had agreed to teach Vincent magic. "Why would Allen do that?" The older alpha questioned and Vincent sighed then turned to speak. "You attacked Roman, and with them Roman is—." Vincent couldn't finish as Lex finished for him.

"Their leader, and if anything happened to Roman which caused him harm then his whole coven will cut off contact." Lex finished with realization in his words, this was all Zach's fault and they all knew it. "I'm sorry Vincent." The beta relayed but nothing could be done to reverse it all. "I will speak to the witch and see if we can reach an agreement." Lex's father offered, they all knew Vincent could only learn magic from Roman's group because the coven had shunned Vincent, his werewolf nature was not appreciated.

"Thank you uncle, that would be great, I have this for you, when I asked for a blood sample from the wolves who were killed recently, I analyzed it cross checking with the data from the incident that happened with aunt and those wolves," Vincent paused as he looked at the three who had his full attention. "What did you find?" Lex questioned with a raised brow, this was about his mother he had to know. "The wolves who died back then were killed with poison, just like the wolves who died recently, it wasn't magic directly, I had the pack doctor allow me to dig up a body from one of the wolves who died last year, and I checked for the traces left on the body before death, I found two foreign traces and poison." Vincent explained as he flipped open the folder.

"You obviously found Roman's trace he's the one who killed them." Zach interjected but Vincent shook his head in refusal. "I went to the sight of death and performed a spell to show trace, wherever violent deaths occur there is energy, I was able to tap into that energy and I found out the truth, when Roman left the packhouse that night he ran into the woods, a team of wolves followed him and tried to kill him, aunt knew about the wolves trying to kill Roman so she followed them in order to stop them but it was too late, Roman hadn't killed the wolves in their battle but he ended up putting them all down and into a deep enchanted sleep, when aunt got there to stop Roman she found the wolves asleep, before she could help Roman escape someone else attacked them." Vincent explained making images of everything he was saying appear.

"The person with the second trace?" Zach questioned and the hybrid nodded. "Roman couldn't fight so he was forced to stand back, help where he could and aunt was poisoned by the attacker, the same attacker then used poison to kill the rest of the wolves who were asleep due to Roman's spell." Vincent flipped one last page showing the image of a person they never expected. "Are you trying to say." Lex mumbled but his father held him back and let Vincent continue.

"At first I thought it was kanima venom that killed the wolves back then and recently but it wasn't, it was a much deadlier replica of the poison, with the trace I found on the bodies recently and the ones from before, it all matched with the poison, Roman didn't kill those wolves or aunt, Lena Hade the queen of ire did, last year she did her trace using Roman's magic in the enchantment, she covered it all up and framed him for the deaths, but this time her lapdogs got sloppy they had no way to cover up the trace of her magic in the poison she had created, we blamed the wrong person for everything uncle." Vincent finally concluded shocking all three males to their cores.

"What have I done?" The alpha questioned himself.

+++

LMJ