13.

Walk Away.

Thalia.

After the emotional roller coaster of a weekend Thalia had she hoped Monday would be better, of course it wasn't her favourite day but what could she do, suck it up, wear black block heels and get her ass to school, her dad approved, she parked her car by the senior lot and got out with coffee for three since Marc had already taken his. "Thalia." The silent one of their group called out and she turned to face him as they headed for the school.

"I need advice, I want to show Allen I'm serious about being with him but I just don't know how to do it." He relayed shocking her, well slightly shocking her. "I didn't know you guys were a thing." Thalia retorted as she sipped her coffee. "Its complicated but now it's not, we flirted a couple of times and kissed once but we both weren't sure if we were mates so we kind of held back and then yesterday night before I left the greenhouse, it finally became clear, he's the one." Marc confessed making the girl squeal.

She tried her best to hug Marc whilst jumping up and down, Thalia was indeed happy for Marc, he indeed needed someone like Allen in his life, they fit perfectly and he was just right for him. "Im so happy for you and I just realized the best way for you to tell and show him, I will plan everything, just be at my house this evening." Thalia replied with a giddy child like stance making Marc laugh but accept whatever she had planned.

When the two of them got to their lockers Roman was there clutching his stomach in laughter along with three of their friends. "What has you guys wheezing?" Thalia questioned slightly amused by the whole thing, Allen showed Marc and Thalia the clip and both of them were laughing as well. "Your brothers are cruel." Allysa burst out laughing again, Thalia remembered the clip, it was of her brothers pranking the kids next door with magic, scared the shit out if them.

They all now had coffee by their lips and small talk of the day was going around. "So I'm going to be at Roman's house after school, I'm in need of practice." Thalia mentioned to the group and they all just decided to do it with her. "We all need it plus its best to just be there than encounter another monster." Allysa added and they all nodded toward her, the school bell rang and all of them scrambled to their classes, Roman and Thalia went their own way since they had different classes than the other three.

"I need your help with setting up a date for Marc and Allen." Thalia mumbled next to Roman, this immediately had his attention. "Why?" He questioned and the grinning girl couldn't help it, Thalia really couldn't. "Marc found out he's mates with Allen." She whispered in his ear making Roman's eyes widen, then sqeaul, which in turn made Thalia squeal. "What did you have in mind?" Roman asked as they took their usual seats in the lab. "I will tell you at lunch, the whole thing." Thalia replied just as she noticed the four walk in with Lex leading them, his eyes were frantically searching and she immediately knew who he wanted but before she could tell Roman, Amon walked in aswell.

"What the hell, those two were never in class with us." Thalia argued making Roman chuckle. "Their schedules are of their own making since they fund the school and basically do what they want." Roman replied as he made Thalia focus on the teacher. "They aren't there, our only problem is the coven, the rest of them are not our problem." Roman added and Thalia nodded with in affirmation for herself, Amon had already betrayed her and Lex had gone above and beyond to hurt Roman since he blamed him for his mother's death, now that the truth was out there was no point in them acting friendly or any kind of passive nature with them.

The class went on and the two of them actually enjoyed the lesson as always and Thalia found it easy to just ignore them like Roman was, it brought peace to her mind. The next few classes were rather the same, both the alpha and vampire were present but made no move, when lunch came around Roman cleared out their work tables and made his way to the door, Thalia walked right beside him with a smile but it quickly turned into a frown when Amon was standing in front of her.

"Move." She hissed toward the vampire startling him. "Have I done something wrong?" Amon questioned as he gestured her away from the door and to a rather clear area of the hall, from the corner of her eye she could see Roman barely able to contain his anger as Lex stood in front of him. "That depends on your definition I guess, I'm not getting involved in whatever plan you have going on with the witches who shunned my friends, did you honestly think I wouldn't find out that you had your own agenda in befriending me, I feel so stupid." Thalia replied as she tried to calm herself.

"Dont even dare lie." She demanded as Amon was silent. "Yes, I made a deal with the coven, but it would've spared you any real damage, none of you would've gotten hurt, they just wanted to weaken you." Amon replied shocking Thalia, how could he do that, why would he do that. "Please, I didn't know you would all bond, if I knew there was a chance I wouldn't have done it, it's complicated, let me take you out so I can-." Amon tried to come close but was thrown to the wall with the wave of Thalia's hand, the wall behind Amon had crumbled as he moved to face Thalia again.

"I see you've taken after Roman." Amon mumbled as he wiped blood from his cheek, just then Lex was thrown to another wall which shattered yet again from the impact. "And just like Roman," Thalia held out her hand as Amon fell to his knees clutching his head and throat, blood dripped down from his mouth as the witch kept her hold. "I will crush you if you ever come near me or my friends, I hate men without honor." Thalia concluded as she let go of Amon and he slumped down to the floor heaving and coughing out blood.

She walked past the vampire without sparing him a glance, when she reached Roman, he was smiling like nothing had happened whilst Lex was getting up from the ground, no one had witnessed what had happened but even if they did, no one interfered. "This isn't over Ahmad, you're mine." Lex growled but Roman ignored him and kept walking, it perplexed Thalia how Roman had been affected by Lex calling him with that name but he acted as if it hadn't, he was just trying to be brave and she knew it, Lex had rejected him, so why did he keep on like that.

When they got to the cafeteria the rest of the group were at their usual table, Thalia didn't miss how silent the wolves were and how Zach kept glancing at them when they arrived, the rest of the school seemed lively as always but they could possibly fake it so Thalia didn't assume anything. When they sat down everyone smiled toward each other. "Have you finished with the spell to summon the serpent?" Marc questioned Allysa who shook her head in refusal. "I need Roman to help me write the actual spell and the ritual, you know how badly I made that spell last time I tried." Allysa replied making the whole table laugh.

A scream echoed in the cafeteria as students ran in different directions, what was causing the screaming was easy to notice, it was a large gargoyle with black eyes and two swords in hand, it was injuring and killing all that got close, Thalia looked at it in shock but didn't move from her spot. "Not getting involved in that." Allen mumbled. "Invisiqué." Marc asserted and they all vanished and walked out of the cafeteria but Thalia didn't miss the stares from the wolves or the witches who expected them to do something, they weren't that self sacrificial.

+++

LMJ