17

chapter seventeen

chapter seventeen

Yanmei hadn't seen Yakone since that night. she wondered where he was, how he came to Cranefish Town, and why he was adamant on not speaking about their mother. she wanted to know about her, Ursa and the other servants avoided the topic, and she didn't think much of it until now. from the little things she knew her mother was a kind woman, always wanted the best for her friends, so why hide that from her?

as of now it's been a week since Haru brought her here and things are looking up. Katara helped her find an apartment close to the others and they all helped her move in. but she still hasn't told the boys about her pregnancy. she didn't know how to tell them, especially Sokka. she didn't want to hurt him even more than she already has, but soon she will begin to show, and she wanted to tell him before someone else told him or he figured it out for himself.

the dual bender sat up from her bed with a sigh. sleeping had been troublesome for her lately. there were so many things on her mind to the point that she could barely relax enough to have a full night of sleep. Yanmei looked out the window and noticed a hint of light showing at the horizon. the sun was starting to come up, signaling that it was about 5am.

before she could get up to get some tea, the bed shuffled and an arm wrapped around her waist, "go back to sleep, it's too early," the tired voice of Sokka whispered.

"I can't sleep," she whispered back, her hand subconsciously reaching for his hair to play with it.

Sokka frowned, it had been like this for a week, and it was obvious that she wanted to sleep but simply couldn't. he yawned before sitting up and bringing the girl close to his chest, "then I guess we'll both stay up," he looked down at the girl with a grin, "so what do you want to do today?"

the girl shrugged, "laying in bed all day sounds good to me"

"as much as I would love to do that... I have to go to a council meeting later," he placed his finger under her chin and lifted her head up to place a soft kiss onto her lips, "but until then we can do whatever you want"

Yanmei smirked, "whatever I want?"

"whatever you- hey, what's wrong?" he noticed her face quickly turn sickly and the girl rushed to the bathroom before physically getting sick, the dinner she had the night before no longer in her system.

Sokka had followed her and kneeled down beside her with a worried glance. she quickly fixed herself up and faced him with a sigh, "i'm fine. I told you, this has been-"

"happening a lot lately. yeah, I get that. but throwing up every morning for the past week isn't normal, Yanny. there's something else to it, so tell me"

her face filled with panic at his words. shit, he knows. she swallowed the lump in her throat and looked into his eyes. her heart was pounding with nerves and the words couldn't seem to move past her lips.