3

chapter three

chapter three

"what do I wear? I've never gone out like this before! do I dress fancy? do I dress casual? I haven't felt this nervous since... well ever! I-I have no idea what to do..." Manami looks over towards Daria who had her eyes glued on a book about spirits, "are you even listening?" she huffs in annoyance. 

Manami was stressing about her not date with Shan tonight. yes, she had gone out to hangout with boys in the past, but now it was different. now she was living a normal life, she didn't have to worry about saving someone's ass, all she had to worry about now was what she was going to wear and what time she would get home.

Daria looks up from the book, "sorry, dear. maybe we should dye your hair first and then pick out an outfit?"

Manami takes a deep breath and nods, "you're right. but won't he be suspicious? he'll probably think i'm hiding something... though I am..." she then kept going on another rant, she did that when she was anxious, something that Zuko hated cause she would end up talking his ears off.

"and what if he is an actual, nice boy who wants to get to know you? is that really so bad?"

"yes! i'm not used to nice and casual! i'm used to running around, fighting people, getting in danger, and having no lazy days!" Manami falls onto her bed with a groan, "i'm a totally different person"

Daria shakes her head at the girl and sits on the other side of the bed beside her, "isn't that what you wanted? a new life? you say that you miss your friends, but from what you tell me you weren't as happy as you are now. we've discovered something magnificent about you, why not use that to start anew?"

"you're right, again,"  Manami sits up from the bed and looks towards Daria with puppy dog eyes, "can we train?"

"of course, dear"

the two benders then walk through the small path in the forest and towards the ocean to practice waterbending. because of the lighting strike, Manami's bending was weakened, so Daria helped her. Daria is the first actual waterbending trainer she had who was a waterbender, and she wasn't as soft on her as she was when they weren't training.

"that was weak! again!" Daria yelled from a few feet away from Manami. Manami rolled her eyes and tried the move again. she bended the water from the ocean around both her arms and tried to dodge and break the ice daggers Daria sent her way. she got most of them, but the last couple she missed and they hit her legs and barely missed her face.

the dual bender started to get frustrated. she used to be an amazing waterbender, one of the bests, but now she felt like an amateur. in the next round, one of the daggers hit the spot on her abdomen where she was struck with Azula's lightning bolt and she screamed in pain. she gasped as her vision blurred suddenly and she felt herself grow weak.