Paper Cranes Part 2

(A/N): I'm thinking of making this a multipart type thing, like I have motivation occasionally but not enough to make it it's own story as of rn. I do hope this hits the spot, there will be more💛

Beck Oliver x Male Reader

"You know, when I asked you to call me this isn't what I expected."

"What do ya mean Beck?"

"You text me and say you have a surprise for me but you weren't sure I was gonna like it." Beck sits up in his chair and leans back a bit crossing his arms.

"Yeah..." you flick your eyes downwards.

"We're in a hospital." He said sternly.

"Surprise?" Your voice was wobbly and unsteady.

"This is certainly a surprise, and this doesn't count as our date you got that?" Beck's eyebrows knit together.

"Yep. Got it. Good." You nod.

"Wait." You tilt your head up.

"Date?" Your eyes widen only to soften when you make eye contact with Beck. A man you had met the other day and had somehow dragged him into a hospital visit.

The hospital visit was nothing serious really, you had a condition that caused you to come visit and get regular checkups. It just so happened that when you and Beck planned a date you forgot to check your calendar.

You can help but smile at his stern look. You explained everything to him and he seemed to understand.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Beck turns and brings out a bouquet of lilies and presents them. "When you said you were in the hospital I got something for ya, you know, to make ya feel better."

You couldn't help but smile and gently take the beautiful flowers, no one has ever gotten you flowers before. Your face flushes with waves of warmth. You slowly bring your eyes to look at Beck, but he was faced away from you and you could see his ears had turned a particular shade of red. You smile gently.

You reach out and gently take his hand. "Thank you Beck, even though it was a routine visit and an oversight on my part, you were still so thoughtful. I appreciate it." You give his hand a gentle squeeze.

Becks head snapped in your direction, his face reddens considerable at you words and you can't help but want to take a picture and treasure this scene.

"Just let's plan better next time and go on a real date." Beck said not able to look in your eyes.

"Awe am I not allowed to want to spend some time with you before our date." You smile.

"What! I- no I didn't say that." Beck blurts out.

It was clear to you that Beck didn't have much experience with other men, but you were willing to wait until he was ready to make moves.

You were afraid about the date if you were being honest. It wasn't normal for someone to ask you out like that, so you figured a middle ground to see how it would go, get a read on him if you will.

And you were not disappointed, he actually wanted to go on a date it wasn't a trick, or a trap, or anything like that.

You were looking forward to that date.