one

* italic sections are flashbacks, prior to the date below. everything else is on the stated date. enjoy chapter one, and vote / comment throughout!! <3 *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

July 25, 2019

"I can't just sit back and pretend that I'm okay with just being friends," Mason was pleading with his eyes for me to listen and to understand from his perspective. I did understand, but I couldn't admit that, because I would be breaking Declan's heart. "Please, Delilah. Please just let us try."

"Behind his back? Are you out of your mind?" I couldn't believe him. Fair enough, it was our only option, but knowing that Mason was openly suggesting we go through with it made me feel nauseous.

Declan and I started dating just over two years ago, when we were seventeen, and we've been inseparable ever since. We fell in love long before we became official. To me, he was the only man I ever imagined myself being with. Despite his busy career, which was finally taking off when we first got together, he still had all of the time in the world for me. He made me feel like a princess, he still does.

Being in a relationship with Declan meant that I became friendly with his best friend since childhood, and fellow footballer, Mason Mount. It was inevitable that we would become good friends. The three of us got on so well, we really were the three musketeers, and as much as we could, we did everything together. The only rule was that I had to support Declan and West Ham over Mason and Chelsea, which was fair.

Until I fell down a stupid hole called love. With Mason.

"I told you, he doesn't have to know. We've kept it a secret for this long, we can continue!" Mason stepped closer towards me. I couldn't believe he called me over for this. "You don't understand what you do to me, Delilah. Ever since Declan introduced us... why do you think I've never been with a girl? And then after that kiss, I-"

"You said we wouldn't talk of that night again." I gave him a glare. Three weeks ago, we shared a few drunken kisses locked in a bathroom at a party in London. I told him we couldn't talk about it again, knowing that if Declan found out, it would absolutely crush him.

"I can't stop thinking about it." Mason reached for my hand, and in any other circumstance, I would pull away. I just couldn't. There was something between us that meant we couldn't stray from one another, like a magnetic force which was pulling us closer and closer, then if we tried to resist, we were forced bsck together. We couldn't move away from each other.

"Neither can I." It was impossible not to give in. He was so beautiful, like no other man I'd ever laid my eyes on. His eyes were such an intriguing and inviting shade of dark brown, his smile infectious and the feeling of his hands on my skin didn't compare to anything. I was such a horrible person for feeling this way.

"Delilah, I'm home!" While Declan was training, I decided to stay at his house, usually spending the hours alone in my own apartment. I had a makeup video to film for my IGTV and all of the products I needed were already here. There was absolutely zero point in going to my place for the point of recording a video.

"I'm up here, babe!" A smile engulfed my face, albeit a little forced. I just had to brush it off and get on with it. I left the comfortable bed, considering I was now wearing my pyjamas, and I rushed to meet Declan. "Hi, how was training?"

"Same old," Declan wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed the sweetest, softest kiss to my lips. The butterflies were still there, just nowhere near as prominent anymore. "How has your day been?"