seven

* another chapter because why not? thank you SO much for all your lovely comments on the last chapter - they make me so emotional. i'm so pleased you're enjoying this story. keep the comments coming please i need the love right now. enjoy!! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Are you boys ready?" I sighed as I stood at the front door of my Declan's house, tapping my foot on the ceramic flooring. It was my sister's seventeenth birthday and we were heading to my parents' house to celebrate with them. It was early, and I was impatient, but we agreed to get up early enough to ensure we arrived in Manchester with plenty of time to spend the day there. "Declan! Hurry up!"

Mason stayed over last night, arriving after training, and we ate dinner together before settling in front of the TV to watch All Or Nothing: Manchester City. A bold choice, so I argued, but the boys were invested in it for whatever reason. I joked that it was because neither of them would ever play for City, which they took serious offence to. We still had a good night, and for the first time in a while, the anxiety I'd been feeling over the new intrusive thoughts about my weight, disappeared. Declan kept me close, and Mason knew there was something wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I just wanted to keep this between Declan and I for a while.

"I'm coming," my boyfriend rolled his eyes as he stopped in front of me, backpack over his shoulder. "It's Mase you need to worry about. He's doing his hair in front of the mirror and has been looking at himself for the past ten minutes."

"We'll be in the car, Mount!" I shouted up the stairs, the anger building in me and becoming more intense as I grew seriously impatient. I just wanted to see my family again. "Hurry your vain arse up!"

I rolled my eyes as I reached for my beautiful Louis Vuitton backpack from the bottom of the stairs. The feeling when I bought myself that backpack was something else; Declan offered time and time again to get it for me, but I told him not to, that I wanted to buy it for myself when I hit one-hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube. I did exactly that. It was my pride and joy. For our four-ish hour journey to Manchester, I had my laptop and headphones in my bag so that I could edit my next video to upload to YouTube tomorrow, but in the back of my mind, I knew that it wouldn't happen because I was absolutely exhausted after my alarm rang out at five-thirty A.M., Declan groaning beside me in our comfortable bed as I woke myself up. Nevertheless, I was prepared for our car journey, with excitement building at the thought of seeing my family. Since they moved to Manchester for my dad's job, I didn't see them much. They knew I was comfortable and happy with my life in London, because I had Declan with me. To them, that was everything I needed. They had absolutely zero suspicion about Mason.

With my pillow under my arm, my backpack slung over my shoulder and my blanket around my neck, I followed behind Declan and climbed into his car, a smile playing on my lips. I made myself comfortable in the back, sending a text to my mum to inform her that we were preparing to leave London any minute now.

Since the boys were training tomorrow ahead of their upcoming games, we planned to leave Manchester this evening instead of staying over, hence why our alarms rang out so early this morning. I needed to catch up on the sleep I'd been missing recently because of stressing about my weight, but I also had work to do, and my deadlines were strict. If I let myself have some time away from editing, I would fall into a bad habit, and I wasn't allowing that.

"You're going to the Chelsea game this weekend with Mase, aren't you?" From the driver's seat, Declan turned to look at me with raised brows. I nodded my head while rubbing my tired eyes, and I noticed his face fall, as if I'd given him the wrong answer. "Good, our game will probably be shite, so at least you'll have a good afternoon."